Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I beleive that most know there are OEM heavy duty rear hatch struts, but I spent some time today at the dealer for service and did some research.

1. if you purchase the NISMO/OEM wing, they come in the kit.
2. If you purchase a 3rd party Wing you will need the following part numbers
90452-CD710
90453-CD710

they retail for about $115/each

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
me too, but I took a pass. maybe Zach could donate a pair for the next raffle or do a group buy?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Originally posted by buZam@Jun 15 2005, 06:46 PM
me too, but I took a pass.  maybe Zach could donate a pair for the next raffle or do a group buy?
[snapback]114993[/snapback]​

I got the JDM NISMO fiber wing, and my hatch was weak before that (with the OEM spoiler). The winter was really bad, the thing would just drop.

I sent my struts to Frank at strutwise.com in Canada, and he rebuilt them to be stronger for around $90 USD (including return shipping). Email him for your price. Make sure he knows it is a 350Z, he made a mistake at first and thought I had a 300ZX, he has stock struts for those that are stronger. Ours he has to rebuild. I'm telling you, these struts are so strong the hatch pops right up with the remote, about 2", where before I had to double key it, and use one hand to get it free. And you will build up your upper body pulling the hatch back down. Hahah.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts