Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went to the nissan dealer today to get a new set of rear hatch struts/shocks. first my jaw hit the floor on the price of them and then i started scratching my head when they told me one was 175 and the other was 154:yikes::dunno:. needless to say i didnt get them because im sure i can find them WAY!!!!!!! cheaper somewhere else.

this is what nissan is doing to everyone >:anal:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ya you can get some nice after market ones for 75 at the most online that will support your trunk with a heavy rear wing on it. Dealerships always charge way more for anything for whatever reason.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I know several people that have bought them from Jasonz-ya and have been very happy. He offer the struts in different levels as well. I have bought a couple of items from him with very good results.

WWW.350ZHATCHSHOCKSANDMORE.COM

+1

I'd recommend Jason and that site.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know several people that have bought them from Jasonz-ya and have been very happy. He offer the struts in different levels as well. I have bought a couple of items from him with very good results.

WWW.350ZHATCHSHOCKSANDMORE.COM

thanks for this website its bookmarked for when i go to get them. those are some super duty shocks he has haha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I'm leaning towards the z1 bars and was wondering if anyone had them. I've got the stock hatch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Love my Z, not to happy with Nissan

so i went to the nissan dealer today to get a new set of rear hatch struts/shocks. first my jaw hit the floor on the price of them and then i started scratching my head when they told me one was 175 and the other was 154:yikes::dunno:. needless to say i didnt get them because im sure i can find them WAY!!!!!!! cheaper somewhere else.

this is what nissan is doing to everyone >:anal:
What a crazy situation. Mine have gone bad & this will be the 3rd pair since I bought it in 2003. This time I got a great deal at AutoZone, BUT, when they got here I realized that I could not separate the ball from the ends. The Deal sells 1 end, but not the other. WTF! So thanks to your forums I'll be cutting the sockets loose & popping the new struts on.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The Z1 trunk struts are great.
Very decent price.
They also offer a heavier duty strut if you have a rear wing etc.(extra weight).
Don't worry about the quality from Z1.
I have several of their private label parts. All are as good or better than the
"name" products.Their HFC's are a great deal.Fit like a glove.Plenum spacer,why
pay north of 200 bucks when Z1 has them for about half...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a price of $68 a pair from Z1 Motorsports the other day. They are the stronger ones and they come with an 18 month warranty. Can't go wrong with those.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I agree that the price of shock absorbers is very high. I recently changed the shock absorbers on my Dodge pickup, I turned to my dealer, but the price of the shock absorbers there was higher than in other stores. I decided not to buy the original shock absorbers, I read a lot of reviews on the Internet about shock absorbers, for example, like this https://truckpowerup.com/best-shocks-for-dodge-ram-1500-4x4/ article. I could find shock absorbers at a good price. I recently installed a new shock absorbers and so far very pleased with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts