Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - I decided to give smoking the lower reverse lights a try own my own. I figure I can always buy new ones and have TOYKILLA do new ones for me if they look too bad!

What I did not realize is that removing the rear bumper is a pain in the butt.

So here are some pics to help you out just in case!

Step 1 is really removing the tail lights and unplugging the lights from the housing but we are going to skip that step - or I will add it once I go to put the bumper back on!

SO

Step #1 removing Rear Bolts (one on each side)

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Step # 2 Turning the little white stud/fastner located below the tail lights

Use a 8mm wrench to turn 90 degrees or until it will let the bumper free

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
step # 5 remove the clips from the bottom of the bumper behing the exhaust
(which ended up being my last step because I got to the end and realized that they were still there)

they are the little black pop clips that you can remove with a flat head screwdriver

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
step # 6 I really dont have a good way to explain because I tried everything to remove these clips - BUT I just ended up pulling until the bumper came loose. I would not recommend this step but I knew that I could get new ones at work tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
step # 7 & 8 is unplugging the lights wire harness there are 3 and all have the push style release - the edge of a flat head works to push upwards to release them

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
:OMG: Awesome! I was in the middle of making a how-to on this and got so frustrated with it that I gave up :lmfao:

THANK YOU! You're tha man! :clap: :thumbsup:

:yourock:

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Nice write up. Was the bumper cover any easier to put back in place...or about the same? Good luck with the reverse lights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
All that just to take the rear backup/turn signals out? :F-you:
Good write up though......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts