Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to take off my rear bumper to dynamat it. Is there a DIY on it somewhere that I can't find, or even another thread about it? I haven't been able to find anything.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Are you looking for a DIY for removing the rear bumper? If you are, it is fairly easy. It requires the removal of teh rear taillights to get to teh bolts you can see beneath them. Then the only real tricky part is there are two plastic studs that have to be turned 90 degrees. They are out of view and you have to use I think an 8mm wrench using 15 degree turns to turn it, because the space is so tight. These plastic studs are inside the bumper at the corner end of each taillight and are very hard to see. Once you have those turned a full 90 degrees, then all you have to do is make sure that the rest of the bolts holding on teh rear bumper around teh wheel wells and on teh bottom are out and it should just pop off, then disconnect the wiring harnesses and your done!

Maybe someone can post a few screen shots from the manual and all of the bolts that hold in the rear bumper.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I needed to know on December 7 and I need to know today. For a different reason this time, but I'm still curious. Can anyone help?

Anyone have screen shots from the manual so I don't have to make a trip to the dealership today?

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]
Buddy..my dealership is faxing me a copy of the diagram..PM me a fax number and I'll send it to you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The description above is largely true. There are some screws under the taillights that must come out. There are some screws connecting the bumper to the wheel wells that must come out. There is one screw under the center of the bumper that must come off. After that, you will have to slide the bumper around. On each side is a rail and a gramet that rides the rail. If you pull the bumper back, the grommet will slide down the rail to a section that is wider. The grommets on each side can then be freed from each rail. Finally, there are four clips at the top of the bumper (just under the trunk). They are hidden inside, but you should be able to see them from under the car. They are white in color. Just pop each one free and the bumper is completely loose. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[/quote]

I was dynamating the bumper because my Stealthbox made it rattle. I posted that a long time ago, and now I want the bumper off to take out the lights. So I bumped up my own thread.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[/quote]
here ya go :)
<div align="right">[snapback]87348[/snapback]
[/quote]
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yourock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts