Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few days my rear brakes have started to squeal extremely loud it is unbearable. I have a Stoptech 14.1 big brake kit in the front but the rears are stock. I know the Stoptech's Axis pads squeal once in a while but not the rear stock ones. That is a first. I have only 12,400 miles on my car and was wondering what I should do. I heard from some that replacing the Axis pads from the Stoptechs and replacing the rear stock pads all with Hawks HPS would eliminate the squeal but also heard from others that it doesnt. I dont know if the extreme heat here in Southern California has anyting to do with it but the squeal guys is now extremely unbearable. To give you an example when the Stoptech's squeal they do it when braking slowly and toward the final seconds of the braking sequence but the rears squeal the minute you put your foot on the pedal. This rear squeal is new to me. What do you guys think? Should I just replace the pads myself or take it in to Nissan? Please help me with this as it is so annoying.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Originally posted by jmcmorante@Jul 22 2005, 01:32 AM

The last few days my rear brakes have started to squeal extremely loud it is unbearable. I have a Stoptech 14.1 big brake kit in the front but the rears are stock. I know the Stoptech's Axis pads squeal once in a while but not the rear stock ones. That is a first. I have only 12,400 miles on my car and was wondering what I should do. I heard from some that replacing the Axis pads from the Stoptechs and replacing the rear stock pads all with Hawks HPS would eliminate the squeal but also heard from others that it doesnt. I dont know if the extreme heat here in Southern California has anyting to do with it but the squeal guys is now extremely unbearable. To give you an example when the Stoptech's squeal they do it when braking slowly and toward the final seconds of the braking sequence but the rears squeal the minute you put your foot on the pedal. This rear squeal is new to me. What do you guys think? Should I just replace the pads myself or take it in to Nissan? Please help me with this as it is so annoying.
[snapback]135645[/snapback]​

I am sure this is obvious but have you checked the pads to see if they are worn out?
The wear indicators usually make a squealing noise. As for pads,I really have like the carbotech bobcats. The pads are pretty quiet and dust free.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well guys I took it in to a dealer today and they said the pads were good. That I had 8mm still left. Is that good?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts