Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just removed my cats to have O2 bungs welded in for wide-band O2 sensor. My local dealer does not have the exhaust gaskets in stock and will take a week to order and get in. Am I taking too great a risk of exhaust leaks by re-using the gaskets. It's kind of a pain to get the cats off and I'm looking forward to having to take them off again because the re-uesd gaskets are leaking. Has anyone had good results re-using the gaskets? or is it not worth considering?

·
Registered
598 Posts
ive heard you can reuse them, but in all honesty its better to do it right the first time then have to do it again. also did you try your local auto parts store?

Mdzowner

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've reused the Top Gaskets once and the Bottom Cat. Gaskets three times. They are metal and are reusable. I've had no issues.

Lou

·
Registered
91 Posts
I also reused them. Had the test pipes siting around and in the middle of the night decided to install them. I have had no problems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can reuse them.. they are the copper type material which is fine.. the only ones you can't reuse is the foil type metal gaskets because they stick to the flanges when you pull them off and they break apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts