Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was **** bent on installing a Nismo V1 spoiler on my Z. I think it looks good, cause it fits the lines of the car unlike any other. And it might actually do something for performance rather then just "look" purdy.

But the Nismo look get even better. I have been reading many issues of Sport Compact Car. In the August 2006 issue there was an article on Opera Performance. I know of this company from GT4 so it coined my interest. This guy is nuts when it comes to weight reduction and regitity, but what really got me was the spoiler on the Mr. Yamauchi's 350z. It looks good and it does something beneficial for the car. Here's an excerpt:

"During highspeed tests, it was found that the wing alleviated a low-pressure area and allowed air to flow more directly over the rear of the car, resulting in a 10km/h increase in top speed while still making a marked improvement in downforce."

After reading that I was sold. I particularly don't like the look of the rest of the kit. All I want is that spoiler, too bad it doesn't come in carbon fiber. :headshake:

Take a look ----> RAZO
This kit has also been discussed in this forum ----> RAZO Z33 Body kit

Any comments?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:flamesuiton: I have to admit something, and I'm sure at least 50% of the Z enthusiasts are going to gasp in shock. I was never really a fan of the Nismo V1 spoiler. It's hit or miss, and I think it has to be perfectly combined with the rest of the kit to look good. There's just something odd about the spoiler that throws me off. With that said, I'm not a fan of the Razo. I'm sure it's a good spoiler, but I wouldn't buy it for my Z.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is true that most people don't like the look of it. I even find that it does look kinda odd, but most spoilers don't look good on a Z anyway. And I wouldn't put a put a huge racing wing on it cause I don't need a huge amount of down force with my limited power goals. I also like the shelf, or whale tail type.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Oct 7 2009, 10:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=584549
It's hit or miss, and I think it has to be perfectly combined with the rest of the kit to look good.
Really?

When I started my exterior mods I only had the Nismo V1 wing, and I thought it looked good.

With the rest of the kit now I wouldn't go back, but I was OK with the look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts