Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a "build" more like bolt-ons but I'm sure somebody here will enjoy them.

Anyway my Z's name is Karen, 2005 Chrome Silver 6MT Base Model.

Drove her off the lot at 79k mi in like March of this year.

Bought the car saying I was going to drive it for a year stock. Oh how terribly wrong I was, a month later I go out and buy an authentic HKS Hi-Power dual exhaust with Berk HFCs and an Injen CAI. I also got my windows professionally tinted with Llumar film. This was after a 6 hr wash/clay/wax detail session with my buddy.

Drove it for a few more months and was very content. AutoX'd it here and there for the first time.

Got a bit tired of my stock wheels so I got some Enkei RPF-1's from a local forum mate:

Got myself a Fairlady Z emblem too!

Then the fateful day comes where I made the fatal mistake of not replacing my tires... I hydroplaned going 25mph into a small bend and hit a guardrail. This was the result:

Was devastated... I destroyed my radiator supports, my headlights, my rear quarter was bent, driver side front fender was destroyed. radiator got pushed back and cracked on the top plastic piece.

I started off by buying all the supports, radiator and headlights to get it running at least so I can make it to the body shop. I got myself a mishimoto radiator with a fan shroud and upgraded to 06+ headlights.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Old fender:

New (used) fender:

Annnnd here it is today still in the shop:

85k miles on the clock. Got an Amuse front bumper, Chargespeed rear (comes tomorrow) and a Seibon VT hood (not mounted yet). My repairs totaled up to be 3.3k in labor. The parts I supplied... my bill totaled up to be around 6-7k. Costly mistake.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Ouch! But well done on the upgrades - the silver lining, eh?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got these pictures today from the shop:

Karen 2.0

Can't wait to see her in person. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a Seibon VT hood.

There's the DE or HR version where the HR has the bump instead of the nostril design of the DE.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not feeling the front bumper but glad to see you bouncing back from the accident!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts