Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about the RT cats? I've seen many Z's in magazines with them. Whats the deal, they offer a lot of power? Do they offer more power than a test pipe?

·
Registered
785 Posts
they suck... they like to implode when under wot. many many problems with them. Your best bet is to avoid them at all costs. Get kinetix or the crawfords(overpriced) or even some resonated testpipes (more gains for same sound and money if emmisions arent a problem for you)

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM THESE

Now that i have your attention. Dont buy them hehe. The honeycomb interiors in them are known to fall apart and has happened to many members on here. They are wayyy overpriced and a few places that used to sell them no longer do due to this reason. Test pipes will offer more power gains due to less restriction. Make sure to get them resonated as you will get bad raspiness with just regular test pipes

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. I think I'll end up with the Kinetix resonated pipes with either the Stillen dual exhaust or the Injen Straight Tip. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]
not true.... regular testpipes do flow better for the obvious reason of no resonator. however they sound horrible. resonated is the way to go, trust us!
<div align="right">[snapback]67406[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well power difference will be so minimal between resonated and non its not going to matter

·
Registered
785 Posts
[/quote]
not true.... regular testpipes do flow better for the obvious reason of no resonator. however they sound horrible. resonated is the way to go, trust us!
<div align="right">[snapback]67406[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well power difference will be so minimal between resonated and non its not going to matter
<div align="right">[snapback]67414[/snapback]
[/quote]5hp is minimal? they make quite a bit more for the little gain either of them makes to begin with.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've been running R/T cats for about 7 months now. No problems what so ever. Fit was perfect, NO RASP at all, and a definite power increase. So far they are working PERFECTLY. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

I didnt have any problems besides a bad rasp from them but I didnt want to take the chance of them collapsing like they have for so many others

·
Registered
281 Posts
[/quote]
:werd: I can't remember how long I have had them on now...but its been for quite a while and so far so good...I have heard of others having problems...I guess me and lovetoclown have been two of the lucky ones

·
Registered
376 Posts
I heard the key was to let them warm up before stompin on the gas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts