Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have the nice polisher, I have one like this http://www.garage-toys.com/acpow10ranor.html

It is random orbit, with 10" pads.

Is it a bad idea or good idea to use it with terry cloth bonnets to buff off a layer of NXT wax? Buffing is such a pain and this did a great job buffing wax off my Accord.

But I dont want to mess up my paint. Anyone here used one of these? I already have it, and would like to put it to use... What if I used a microfiber towel over the terrycloth bonnet instead?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
The terry bonnet will be just fine. That is what I use to take my wax/polymer sealants off. I use the porter cable 7424 to put it on and the 10 inch random orbital to take it off, makes it so much easier and quicker. You might be able to find a 10 inch microfiber bonnet, have never looked for a 10 inch tho, try pakshak.com or properautocare.com

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jinxxy! I wanted to use it because I dont have too much time, but my poor car has not been washed and waxed in a while because of the crappy weather, and work/school has me too busy to spend the right amount of time to do it all by hand. Its not all that dirty, but even a little dirt breaks my heart :D. I looooove to see that rich blue just shine. I get outta work at two today and its getting a GOOOOOD washing! :D

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
No problem man.......do you have new bonnets? If they are new, you will want to wash them first (woolite in machine on delicate) because there is a chance that they might have grit/dust/microscopic particles in there from the plant, packing or being in the store on the shelf. Preventative measures to keep paint looking GREAT! :biggrin:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I just washed them in fact. But I will double check to be sure of course.

What is the one that looks like wool for? I dont like it much...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, Im so dumb. My close ups are all on the clear bra and came out looking bumpy

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliment :D. I LOVE DB and am soooo glad they had one. Thanks for the compliments on the house. Its our first house and we take a lot of pride in it. I was a bit nervous about the buffer but it made it a lot easier and really did a better job than I could do by hand.

These Zs are such hot damned cars....

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I need a nice clear day and time to get some nice pics of this car.... I dont have any good ones

·
Registered
909 Posts
Originally posted by Zboy@Dec 3 2004, 09:32 PM
I need a nice clear day and time to get some nice pics of this car.... I dont have any good ones

Glad to see another DB :clap:
Yeah I hate it when I'm not able to give my car her weekly bath. It's been pretty good so far down here. There was one time last winter though that I couldn't take it anymore and regardless how cold it was, I was outside washing and since I already washed I might as well wax. :lol: Just make sure it's not so cold that the water on the car freezes. :headshake:

The first couple of months I took so many pictures of my car I was spending too much money on developing them since I didn't have a digi cam. I finally wised up and got one. And I just purchased a memory card that can hold over 6K pics and 3K high res pics.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hehe Texas doesnt get too cold. Its nice because I can drive the Z year round, but snow is so pretty and we never get any.

We have a nice camera, a Canon Rebel EOS Digital, with a 512 and 256 MB CF sticks. I just never can think of a good place to get pictures. I need to though. The car is so goo d looking.

I saw a silver one the other day lowered with rims. Oh man. That HAS to be my next project. It made the car look wider and so much meaner.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just use a micro fiber for taking off all my waxes, sealants, polishes, etc. The wax might be difficult to take off because you are leaving it on the car for too long.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, the first time I put on too much, and left it on too long, so yes you are right. Also, I used crap towels, which put in swirl marks :angry: I have to fix those somehow now :(

But this time it went much much better.

****, even after a rain, I just dusted it off, and the car still looks (four days later) AWESOME. BETTER than new. By FAR!

Nothing better than a shiny Blue Z.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks jinxxy. I have... its a pain. I need to order Zaino which means I need to save my pennies. I should have put it on my Christmas list. Actually NXT is awesome, what I SHOULD have done is not used the crappy terrycloth towels and used the microfiber ones from the getgo, I wouldnt have any swirls.

That autopia is great though. Its amazing how much trouble some people will go to to clean their cars.

Speaking of, I think at 5k miles I will claybar mine. :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts