Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought the rain x anit fog stuff the other day and before i put it on my windows i was wanting to know if i can put it on my windows if they have been tinted? all the bottle says is that you cant put it on "clear" glass. they left a big gray area on that, but im going to go ahead and assume that you cant...but just wanted to know for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
I'm thinking not - but that's just a guess.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i wouldnt chance it, if the rainx contains any type of alcohol or ammonia it will eat away at the tint. why ruin an expensive tint job when you can just turn on your defroster?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it does got alcohol in it thanks for letting me know that it will eat away at the only plus side is that i have a lifetime warranty on my tint :lol:

·
Registered
139 Posts
it does got alcohol in it thanks for letting me know that it will eat away at the only plus side is that i have a lifetime warranty on my tint :lol:
if its like mine the warranty covers peeling, bubbling, lifting etc...my tint guy ive been going to for yrs said and i quote "use windex and come back here thinking im replacing it and im disowning you" lol

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if its like mine the warranty covers peeling, bubbling, lifting etc...my tint guy ive been going to for yrs said and i quote "use windex and come back here thinking im replacing it and im disowning you" lol

:rolf2: yea thats pretty much what its for i know if you use windex it will F it up lol...i didnt know alcohol would do the same lol

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
That's weird, I'm pretty sure I've used Windex on my tint multiple times and I've never had an issue with it. Tint's been on for more than four years now...

·
Registered
139 Posts
the alcohol in the windex and most glass cleaners will eat away at the adhesive on the tint. and it will help turn cheap tint purple

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the ammonia is what turns the tint purple'ish but i know i have always been told not to use anything that has ammonia in it...like they said earlier why screw up something expensive.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Aust, tint is on the inside. This anti-fog product is used on the inside of the windows to prevent fogging on the inside of the windows.

As I said before, I've used Windex on my tint numerous times over the course of four years and my tint is still good as new. :dunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts