Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
The dealer should know. Why did you change the head unit from an 05 to 06? What does the 06 have that is different?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not like the display the 2005 radio has. This is a brand new 2005. By changing, The display now matches the instrument panel (yellow). one thing else is the 2006 has mp3 and no cassette. I would never use the cassette. I got the z at a good price and it was brand new so I figured I would do some mods since I got a good deal. I will have a brand new 2005 radio for sale shortly. From what I am understanding there are no security codes to worry about, dont know why the dealer asked me if I had it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I did not like the display the 2005 radio has. This is a brand new 2005. By changing, The display now matches the instrument panel (yellow). one thing else is the 2006 has mp3 and no cassette. I would never use the cassette. I got the z at a good price and it was brand new so I figured I would do some mods since I got a good deal. I will have a brand new 2005 radio for sale shortly. From what I am understanding there are no security codes to worry about, dont know why the dealer asked me if I had it.
i'm sure that my bose on my 2006 didn't had any security code

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do only the 06's have mp3 capability? I burned a couple of mp3 cds in few different ways just to be sure and they wont play on my 05 HU. Just my luck =( I wonder why they didnt include things like the steering wheel controls and mp3 function to begin with.

Also wfs118, if the unlock codes are anything like my acura unlock codes then it is based on the serial # off of the back of the HU. That serial determines which unlock code to use. The acura dealerships would actually just give you the code if you had the serial#, but otherwise they would charge you to take the HU out and find the serial to unlock it

·
Registered
18 Posts
As far as I know, to unlock the radio in the car, you can use online services such as get my radio codes , for example. I know that you can get a radio code for free using this site, but then you will have to wait a while. You can get a radio code much faster by donating money for this service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts