Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I'm having some issues with my radiator fans. I have a 2005 and as I understand my year has had issues with the fans cutting out. Anyways, I had seen the fans working properly about a month ago and out of nowhere they just quit working. If I'm sitting and idling, the temp guage will creep towards hot until I turn the engine off. Also the ac compressor will turn on and off every ten seconds while the temp is climbing. So I called Nissan to see if I could take advantage of the extended warranty but the 7 years was up 1 month ago, so I am going to do the work myself. My question is, does anybody know what usually fails in the cooling system? Is it the actual fan motors, a relay, or any other culprit? If anybody else has gone through this, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
-Cal

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
rather than start a new 'whining' thread I can bring this one back to life.

My c2004 350Z started to overheat last night - took me literally hours to get home as I had to stop every two miles to cool down.

This morning I ran the Nissan Auto Active Test .. and .. the radiator cooling fans did not turn on .. darn it.

next step will be to determine if it is the fans or the ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor
How To Test a Nissan 350Z ECT Sensor - My Pro Street

or the fans themselves
https://my.prostreetonline.com/2016/02/10/testing-your-nissan-350z-cooling-fans/

looking at the location of the ECT .. I need smaller hands .. just saying . sheesh

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Used the test instructions for the fans as I could get to them easy enough .. and nadda .. dead as about six doornails. I looked around at replacements and after some thought went with the Mishimoto 350Z Cooling Fan Assembly from Z1 Motorsports. They are claimed to move more air etc. so .. shrug .. see how that goes.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Well. Ordered the Mishimoto 350Z Cooling Fan Assembly yesterday. It was shipped from GA .. and darn if it didn't turn up today. Gotta say ... Hooah! to Z1 Motorsports ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts