Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

341 - 359 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
QUOTE (BukuCustoms @ Mar 21 2008, 10:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=509128
i have heard good things about the cobra, how old is it?.
Cobra gets a very bad rep on most of the detector forums. I have seen video where a guy was driving around and he got a false reading from the V1 due to a leak from a cobra detector. I have no first hand use with them, so I reserve judgment.

I just installed a V1 in my car yesterday In the over the passenger shoulder configuration with the remote display and control unit. I will be testing it out on the way to zdayz, but so far around town it works pretty well. I drove around with it on the windshield before I put it at the back. I just went out with it today and still picked up hot spots at the same distances.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Passport 9500i and new 9500ix is hands down the most amazing radar detector available. I have had the Solo which is still pretty nice but my 9500 picked up full signal while the Solo did not pick up anything.

The GPS is amazing and can tell you everything. The device has tons of features like anti-false software that lets you keep track of false alerts and the GPS stores your location. When you go by the false alert again, the device stays mute but if it picks up another signal, it goes off.

The detector can tell you how many cops are watching you while telling their individual band and signal strength.

It has Auto brightness and sound so that as it gets darker, so does it and when it gets louder in the car, the person that tells you stuff gets louder as well.

This thing is the most expensive radar detector but it is well worth it. I have used it with V1's and the 9500i is far better and user friendly.

Personally, if you are looking at any new radar detectors and it doesn't have GPS, which none other than the 9500 does, don't even consider that radar detector.

9500i or 9500ix ALL THE WAY!!!

~Steven (PM for more information)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys,

So i just purchased the Valentine One radar detector and since I have the 06" base model of the Z, I don't the homelink rearview mirror, so I can't hardwire it to the rearview mirror. So is my option of hardwiring only to the fuse box under the hood? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I connected mine to the power cord for my ZR3.

Do you have an aftermarket radio? If so, it should be easy to ID a switched power source and tap into that.

If not, an "add a circuit" at the fuse box would probably be easiest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For people with Valentine One and the Concealed Display. I just finally ordered both, and I just want some ideas of where to mount them on the Z. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
I do not have a picture, but I put my concealed display up above the rear view mirror. I made a small bracket and attached it with some double sided tape and screwed it to the display. I also put the remote volume in my center console in the sliding cubby.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you guys know if the black dots affect the range and functions of v1? I wanted to mount the v1 behind those dots, so it will be kind of hidden

341 - 359 of 359 Posts