Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a Racingbrake kit installed on their Zed? If so, have you experienced any brakepad knock back?

I have an 03 Zed with the Racingbrake 6 Pot front and 4 Pot rear kit. Only done about 10,000kms and I now have to spump the brake pedal in order to get the brakes to work. My mechanic has told me that it maybe brake pad knock back.

I have asked Racingbrake and they have just replied that it might be air in the brake lines. But they never replied back when I asked them if the problem was due to brakepad knock back.

Cheers
Matt

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
what you described does sound like air in the lines. i would correct that asap before you go to pump the brake and nothing happens. pad knockback happens mostly after hard cornering and fixed caliper BBK's are more prone to this. but bleed the system and make sure no air is present.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Steve, you mentioned that BBK is more prone to this behavior. In my ignorance, I would like to know why? I've been kinda interested in going BBK, but if they're more trouble, then I may wanna stay away. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts