Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there installed a 4 or 5-point racing harness using stock anchoring points and/or without butchering the seats or the floor? I would love to see a drawing or description of how you did it. I know the 5-point anti-submarine version will have no stock anchoring point, but if someone knows how to do it without drilling a hole in the floor, I would be grateful.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you want to anchor the sub-belt to the floor without drilling a hole, try this. Peel up the carpet and weld a steel hoop to the floor under the seat. This photo is not from a Z but it should give you an idea of what I mean.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
I came up with a system that is PCA approved. It uses clip on ends for the lap & sub belts. Only one hole needed to be drilled in the driveshaft tunnel for an eye bolt. This is for a 6 point harness. The outer eye bolt replaces the OEM lower seat belt bolt, yet retains it's use. Here are a couple pix. More at www.BCRLtd.net

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx guys!

Anyone with other ideas also welcome to respond. It will be a while before I install the Simpson harness. :yourock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts