Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled up at the Sunoco to get gas with a freind of mine. A blue 03 EVO lancer pulled up, and stoped behind me. The kid got out asked me about my car, and asked me if he wanted to have a freindly race. He said he had just beat a Trans Am, and his car was running strong with all the mods he had done to it. I know stock that EVO's run low 13's, so I was thinking that with his mods he was right around a 13 flat car. I told him to bring the heat I have been looking for a good race. So we left the sunoco with him in front of me, and we stoped at the light by Power's Run Road (Jinxxy you know where this is). The light turned green, and he punched it. I was behind him so I did the same. Within no time I was pulling, and pulling, and pulling till I was about 5 cars ahead of him. It was a great rush, and an awsome race. I looked over at my freind, and he was like "HOLY $HIT THAT WAS SWEET". The Evo, and I stoped at the light at the hulton Bridge where he was making a right, and I was going straight. He put his window down, and said "Dam That Car Is No Joke". He waved, and drove off. Anyhow it was a fun time, and there was no one else on the road so it was as safe as it could get.

"You Never Know How Good Your Car Is Running Till You Have A Freindly Race" :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Awesome. I've only seen 1 or 2 EVO's around here, but they don't bite. Not that I would give them any competition, but they aren't paying attention to other cars around them.

·
Registered
284 Posts
wow, musta been a crappy driver cause yes, they run low 13s in stock trim. that, or you're a **** good driver w/ serious mods. our evo8 runs low 11's w/ stock suspension and stock ignition.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Wait now I'm confused... were you racing in the Z or in that 7? I was also under the impression that an EVO would take the Z from a stop, especially because of the traction differences. What mods do you have on your Z (or 7)?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I believe he raced in the 7. I also remember the 7 having a few good mods, so it's a screamer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts