Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I was going to work when I pulled up in traffic next to an E36 M3 with a Dinan Badge on his trunk. I wanted to see what he could do and to what extent he was modded so I followed him for a while until we both turned onto a relatively empty street going about 20 mph in second gear.

As soon as we straightened out we both punched the gas. For the first time my rear stepped out when I powershifted into 3rd gear with TCS on. We raced until 95 mph as we were approaching a red light at the next interection.

Let me tell you guys, he never stopped pulling on me! The driver obviously seemed like a good one, but that M3 must have been putting down no less than 340 hp / tq to the wheels! I was just blown away... literally!

I regret now not pulling up to him at the next light to ask him what he has done.

Forget coffee in the mornings, this woke me up much quicker and in a much more exciting way :biggrin: .

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Nice run man even though you lost. Thats one beautiful car. Best thing is how deceiving they can be,

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
The father of a girl I was dating had a Dinan 5-series, absolutely sick numbers. Something like 450 at the crank. I cant remember, but I *think* it was supercharged 4.0L (540i)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure if it was supercharged or turbocharged, but I guarantee it was not just an exhaust upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts