Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I talked to HKS about what meters I would need. first I though a air fuild and boost was needed but they told me with that sestem the air fuild is not needed and really I dont need any meters. BUT! I did but a pod and so I would like to add some and I am also staying with HKS meters just because of the HKS SC I am adding. so I am thinking I will get a boost and they (HKS) told me "IF" I wanted to add something else then get a water temp meter.

sound like a plan? thoughts?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
:soapbox: You'll need gauges if you want to know what your system's doing...only idiots depend on idiot lights, i.e., when the light comes on, it's already too late.

AFR & Boost in your pod....that way you know what your car's doing. I wouldn't run a F/I car without both. Does our stock ECU run 'lean' at high RPM's?...wouldn't you want to know if you were running 'lean', so as to avoid poppin a slug?...

I sure would. Glad to know the HKS tech has faith in his system, but facts trump faith at every turn. & as G.I. Joe once said: "Knowing is half the battle."

my $.02 Now get out there & :shiftdrive:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts