Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright .....thinking about getting a Turbonetics single turbo....I know it comes with the reflash....but i want to upgrade to Kinetix SSV plenum...Alpha works headers,test pipes, single JIC exhaust....also upgrade to UTEC computer later down the road......I know I will need boost gauge...turbo timer

I plan on getting the headers and exhaust all down with the turbo install......

UTEC will come later

any other gauges or SAFC's or anything I am forgeting...that I may need....

I am having a NHRA qualified engine mechanic install it .....He has done dozens of turbo applications and installations

so i am confindent in him.....

let me know ya'lls advice

·
Registered
87 Posts
Alright .....thinking about getting a Turbonetics single turbo....I know it comes with the reflash....but i want to upgrade to Kinetix SSV plenum...Alpha works headers,test pipes, single JIC exhaust....also upgrade to UTEC computer later down the road......I know I will need boost gauge...turbo timer

I plan on getting the headers and exhaust all down with the turbo install......

UTEC will come later

any other gauges or SAFC's or anything I am forgeting...that I may need....

I am having a NHRA qualified engine mechanic install it .....He has done dozens of turbo applications and installations

so i am confindent in him.....
let me know ya'lls advice
Headers are a fit issue and don't provide any real gains when doing a single turbo.
Downpipes/CATs will be thrown away during the installation.
You need a EGT gauge an wideband A/F.
Use lots of header wrap on both A/C lines and on the wire harness for the O2 sensors and crank sensor (they are very close to the downpipe.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so NO headers....I would think headers would help....I am not the expert on this....

Another question....should I use UTEC or Greddy Emange...I have been in debate over this....cause I want to tune it my self...well put specs in the way i want instead of sending a ECM off

Any more advice!!!!!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I have heard or read that you don't need headers with this kit. That's great news for you (and me if and when I do it).

Do you really need a single exhaust system? Or the SSV manifold? I was hoping to get a true dual exhaust system.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well SmoothZ...that is just what I wanted it is the SSV manifold and the single can exhaust system...that is just my preferance on that

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have heard or read that you don't need headers with this kit. That's great news for you (and me if and when I do it).

Do you really need a single exhaust system? Or the SSV manifold? I was hoping to get a true dual exhaust system.
You can not use a true dual with the ST because the exhaust comes down from a single downpipe. To use a true dual you would have to fabricate some type of reverse y-pipe, but then its not a "true dual" is it?
Some people have modified their dual exhausts to use the single but if you are buying something with that in mind I would buy something with either a single pipe back to the exhaust/muffler, a single exhaust, or something with a reverse y design like the RSR. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a feeling with going single that you had to go single exhaust down the middle ....then like you sad reverse Y , into a dual tip muffler or a single muffler

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I had a feeling with going single that you had to go single exhaust down the middle ....then like you sad reverse Y , into a dual tip muffler or a single muffler
Shouldn't be too difficult to fabricate either. I think one of the designs (Borla maybe?) does this also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts