Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I have followed this forum for a long time, it's a GREAT forum. I just bought a 2004 Z. I have some questions about the car:

1, How many keys and remotes are the dealer suppse to give? My dealer (not a nissan one) only gave me one key and one remote. How much do you think I need to pay for an extra key and remote?

2, I don't have the dual cup holders in my center box, do you think the I can get one from the nissan dealer? Do you think the warranty will cover it?

3, Do you think I need new tires (my car has 17000 miles on it)? If so, what tires is good for the standard 17"?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Originally posted by 350K@Jul 8 2005, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I have followed this forum for a long time, it's a GREAT forum. I just bought a 2004 Z. I have some questions about the car:

1, How many keys and remotes are the dealer suppse to give? My dealer (not a nissan one) only gave me one key and one remote. How much do you think I need to pay for an extra key and remote?

2, I don't have the dual cup holders in my center box, do you think the I can get one from the nissan dealer? Do you think the warranty will cover it?

3, Do you think I need new tires (my car has 17000 miles on it)? If so, what tires is good for the standard 17"?

Thanks!
[snapback]128919[/snapback]​

:welcome: to the site and congrats on the purchase
1. i got 2 in my pruchase
2. i think you can find out about that, PM zsalesman and ask him
3. hmm actaully i think thats great wear on a set of tires for the Z. mine only lasted about 10,000 but i do have aftermarket rims. i know toyo has made a new tire but i forget the name....

·
Registered
790 Posts
3 keys - 2masters and 1 valet. (keys cost from 25-50 and then they have to be programmed by a Nissan dealership - we charge 50 for all the keys

2 remotes - cost from 75-100 and we program those for free (I can also tell you how)

You will need all keys present when programming keys and all remotes when programming remotes.

the cup holder is not covered under warrenty unless it is broken/defective. I dont know how much they cost. I dont even use mine - I elbow the drinks.

tires is a whole different subject depends on what you want.

Check ebay for remotes and stock tires.

~Z~

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys! You guys helps a lot.
For me, I really need those cup holder since I usually have more than one drinks.
But like you said, the position of the cup holders is kind of weird, it's hard to get the drink when you are driving!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the website!

I understand that the remote has to be reprogramed, but I'm not sure why the key needs to be programed also, is there any chips inside the key?

·
Registered
790 Posts
each key has a chip in it - all key must be programmed to your car. That way if anyone just makes a trace of your key that will not be able to start it.

BUT the bad thing is that because of this vehicle imobilizer system - if you try to start the car with a key that has not been programmed it wipes out ALL the programming and you will have to take your car to a dealership and have ALL the keys reprogrammed.

This is a good thing in the long run but if you lose your keys get ready to pay the price. Basically 100 for a key (cut and program).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.