Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock exhaust contains some aerodynamic cladding to let air pass cleanly under it and the rear bumper. Once you remove the stock exhaust, the rear bumper suddenly acts like a drag chute, with the bottom lip curled undernearth, catching the air. Are there any aftermarket bumpers that address this? I know I can order the track rear diffusers. Do those help with this?

Basically, are there any aftermarket bumpers that are designed with airflow in mind over looks?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I never thought about it, but the stock muffler does act as a diffuser for the central part of the rear bumper. I don't know how you could fix that, but the diffusers wouldn't help. There are some serious rear bumpers, but I think most of them are for show.

Unfortunately, most of the pics the vendors provide don't really address this issue or have decent pics. I find that personal pics by owners are the best resource.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never thought about it, but the stock muffler does act as a diffuser for the central part of the rear bumper. I don't know how you could fix that, but the diffusers wouldn't help. There are some serious rear bumpers, but I think most of them are for show.
Unfortunately, most of the pics the vendors provide don't really address this issue or have decent pics. I find that personal pics by owners are the best resource.
Yeah, this is what I'm afraid of. I really want to get something that addresses this for when I'm on the track. I may have to try and create something myself out of fiberglass or something. That should be interesting :headshake:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts