Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was gonna buy a 2005 but i can across what i think is a god deal on a 2003 Z so may end up buying used. so i have a few questions about it... it's a touring ed. leather with no heated seats? and in 2003 did they have the Vehicle Dynamic Control and the Traction Control System? thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
I did exactly that - bought an 03 Touring used. It had about 6000 miles on it, and was taken good care of.
My advice would be to take a hard look at the 03. It will be a good deal if it has lower miles and was treated well.
That way you won't be paying for first year depreciation like you would on a new car.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I went with an 03 precisely for those reasons. I got an excellent deal on an 03 Track w/ only 8k miles on it. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
[/quote]

Well, if it has VDC or TCS (look for a button to turn the system off, its on the lower left side of the steering column) then I'm pretty sure its at least an enthusiest.

Doubt anyone would go through the effort of adding TCS/VDC just to pass it off as a different model..

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Oh and Terry, I just found out where your quote in your sig comes from.. I watched KB1 & 2 last week.. excellent movies!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got an '03 touring edition, she only had 5000 miles when I bought her ... saved some money. The touring edition should have VDC and traction control and heated seats ... like the earlier post said, the VDC on/off switch is to the left of the steering column. The buttons for heated seats are aft of the gear shift. If you put your right hand on the gear shift, then your elbow will fall precisely on the heater buttons. This explains why your butt suddenly becomes hot on a beautiful spring day ... poor placement.
Other than the "tire roar" problem, I've been happy. Just got two new front tires under warranty. The limit on the tire replacement for the '03 is 2 years from original purchase date. Find this date out, it will be important ... especially with the tire replacement issue for the '03.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/quote]

wow i just realized they have a black one i had just about decided to buy and they have it listed as a Touring edition but it has cloth which i thought was weird, but the give away it is not is that it does not have cruise control. and cruise starts with enthusiast so it's a base Z they're trying to sell as a touring! WTF?!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh did i mention the silver one i'm looking at has leather does not have heated seats? does that make any sense to any of you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
[/quote]

The only way leather came from the factory is with heated seats -- at least for 03. If it's got leather but not heat, they're an aftermarket addition. All touring Zs should have a bose stereo, so if you've got a cd and a tape and it says bose, it'd better have leather and heated seats.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[/quote]

interesting with the leather deal... so it has cruise, and the rear wing, hmm... since it has cruise it can not be a base model right? and can you buy a Z that is not a base model can you get it with out cruise control?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
All non Base Z's have Cruise Control
All non Base Zs have Traction Control
All non Base manual Zs have VDC
All Touring Zs have heated leather seats.

Dealers often sell used non Touring Zs as Tourings to rip people off

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[/quote]

hmm.. cause in the Nissan brochure it says the enthusiast does not come with the VDC... i'm thinking that's what this silver one is i'm looking to buy... i ran a carfax on it and the car came out clean, 1 owner car, no acidents or anything no odometer changes or anything...

basically i don't care what model it is as long as it's not a base... i want the limited slip diff.

so... can you get cruise control on a base Z?

thanks for all the info def. appreciate it, i only have an 05 brochure to go by so i dunno if options changed since then...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Sorry, what I meant to say was:
All non Base manual Zs with 18" wheels have VDC.

As far as cruise control on a Base, I'm sure it could be done, but installing cruise control in a car with drive by wire throttle is a lot harder than installing a $20 kit.</span>

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[/quote]

thanks for the info! i'm gonna try running with the white one near me i know for sure is a real touring and see how that turns out...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts