Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to figure out exactly what the differences are between the different model cars. The pinned post in this forum seems to tell me all I need to know. The only question is, have they not changed at all in the last years or what year are they referring to. I am going to buy a 2003 in the VERY near future and I want to make sure that the model I choose will have everything I want. Here is the listing for the car. What do you guys think? He wants $23000 for it.

"2003 Nissan 350z Touring Edition, Orange with orange leather interior, 56k miles, 6 speed manual transmission, Wings West aftermarket body kit, stock 18 inch rims, aftermarket exhaust system that sounds amazing, Injen Cyborg intake system."

The main thing I want to make sure it has is the Viscous LSD, traction control, and VDC. Can you guys verify that the touring edition will have these in 2003? Is there anything that I should be worried about having on it that doesn't come standard on the touring edition? Should I worry that it has so many miles for a 2003 and that it may have been abused since the previous owner had the aftermarket exhaust and intake.

All replies are appreciated as I do not want to make a $23000 mistake.

Thank You

·
Registered
178 Posts
It may be worth it. I bought mine, an '03 Enthusiast with 30k miles and 6 speed MT, for $21300 (before tax and all that BS). It's dealer certified, as well as a Certified Pre-owned Nissan. They gave me a 6 month extention on the factory waranty too. The car is spotless, minus one ding in the passenger side rear wheel-well (that'll come out via the Dent wizard). So, for the extra money, you're getting quite a bit. However, the miles are a bit higher than mine. Go with your gut. If it's been well-cared for, and never beat, than maybe you should spend the cash, and not wait for the cheapest one you can find. In the long run, it'll probably be worth it (as long as the car has never been beat, remember).

~Eric

PS: Usuually, aftermarket add-ons decrease the value, since it means the owner wanted the car to be faster than what is was. Just an FYI that I've noticed in the past.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
If the car is in great condition, that sounds about right. Miles dont always tell the entire story. My car is 04 with over 40k miles, but this is all highway driving.

All Touring models have the VLSD, and VDC.

How are the seats holding up? My leather is pretty worn in some spots after just over 1 year.

Any idea what exhaust system it is?

·
Registered
37 Posts
hm... you can get a brand new 06 base for $25k... not much more than $23.

bought mine for 25,200 (before CA tax). brand new 06 ppw base Z with 8 miles. had to haggle for hours, but im sure 25k wont be impossible.

base doesnt have lsd or the pesky vcd like the other models, but other than that, all models are pretty much the same.

gl with your purchase!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts