Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my Z 3 1/2 weeks ago. i have about 1,500 miles on it. i dont know if this is normal but while engaging the clutch and slowly giving it gas and removing the clutch i hear what sounds like the whole shaft or someshit rattling.

also suppose i am at a light stopped and i give it some gas and start releasing the clutch but the guy in front of my stops and doesnt go...requiring me to press the clutch quickly it will make a loud rattle.

im not sure if this is just the way it is because ive had this problem since i left the dealer.

ive noticed that if i give it more gas...say about 2000rpms and release the clutch a bit slower (basically burning it) and it wont do the clacking/rattling/banging noise.
its a bit difficult to explain.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
dont think
just take it. do u have a 6MT? it seems a lot of 6MT go thru this as well. but it can be fixed. take it to the dealer

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
well it could be an axle rattle, it could be a clutch problem...where does the noise exactly come from? from the tranny? underneath the car?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea it sounds like it comes from underneath the car.... it sounds like its coming from the tranny..

also, dont know if this has anything to do with it but i feel a lot of vibration on the shifter. i had an altima that did this also but i figured it was an old p.o.s lol. although this car is new and the shifter vibrates quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
well the tranny problem with the Z is common with most 6MT. you are not alone. there is a lot of cases here on this forum with the same discussions.
one more question
does it do this on all gears? or on 2nd only?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just dropped it off at the dealer and the service rep says it doesnt sound good but **** call me as soon as he finds anything out..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the guy told me he took a look at it and saw nothing wrong with it and that the noise it makes is normal it happends to all the z's including his own.

·
Registered
29 Posts
the tranny rattle: famous with 350zs and g35s. trust me its something to do with a loose throwout bearing or a weird clutch fork. there is no real problem to be concerned with though. my cousin has a g35 05, i have a 350z 05, my sister has a 350z 06, my dad has a 350z 05, and my friend has a 350z 05. they all make the same noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. Took it in and they told me it was normal. I took it back in a few weeks later and told them there was still a rattle in the car and I wanted it fixed. They had the car two days when I got the call saying I was right, there was something wrong and I need a whole new transmission put in.

the tranny rattle: famous with 350zs and g35s. trust me its something to do with a loose throwout bearing or a weird clutch fork. there is no real problem to be concerned with though. my cousin has a g35 05, i have a 350z 05, my sister has a 350z 06, my dad has a 350z 05, and my friend has a 350z 05. they all make the same noise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. Took it in and they told me it was normal. I took it back in a few weeks later and told them there was still a rattle in the car and I wanted it fixed. They had the car two days when I got the call saying I was right, there was something wrong and I need a whole new transmission put in.

i have the same fliping thing wrong with my car,,,, it all started when i stalled the engine in the first week i had it... it did something bad i think,, something rattels when i disengage the clutch in 1st ,, also rattles when i

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.