Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello... i have greddy evo2 and thinking about taking out the resonator. I like the performance and looks but its just not loud enough for me. Any expert advice on this? will it get too loud? and lose maybe some of bottom end? or do i gain more top end? please experts!!! help me out on this noob....thanks

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Replace the cats with Helix test pipes (straight pipe). That should be plenty loud!

·
Registered
88 Posts
We're all gonna be screwed with everyone having test pipes! Category 5 already for Katrina! They're calling it "doomsday" on the news. What's ozone anyways, not like it does anything for us right? LoL How's the hole above our Aussie neighbors?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by 24boosted@Aug 29 2005, 12:55 AM
We're all gonna be screwed with everyone having test pipes! Category 5 already for Katrina! They're calling it "doomsday" on the news. What's ozone anyways, not like it does anything for us right? LoL How's the hole above our Aussie neighbors?
[snapback]150220[/snapback]​

total crap that test pipes wreck the environment. Cats simply change the polution into another form.

Don't take off the resonators, just get some test pipes and the exhaust will wake up quite a bit

·
Registered
88 Posts
Originally posted by Zivman+Aug 29 2005, 05:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-24boosted
@Aug 29 2005, 12:55 AM

total crap that test pipes wreck the environment. Cats simply change the polution into another form.

Don't take off the resonators, just get some test pipes and the exhaust will wake up quite a bit
[snapback]150474[/snapback]​

Are you kidding me? HAHA
Is that why all manufacturers are mandated by law to have them on their production vehicles? Is that why cars without cats stink like a mofo when driving behind them? Do you have an education that exceeds jr. high school? You take off a cat from a civic with only 1.5 L it goes from practically 0 emissions on the dynometer to exceeding gross polluter status.

Yes our cars still pollute with cats however the emitted gases are a LOT less damaging. CO, HC, and NO gases are all reduced dramatically as opposed to not having one.

Check out downtown LA or any major metropolis in the world, air is great when you can see it. I'm not even going to continue this debate until you have something that demonstrates intellect.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by 24boosted+Aug 29 2005, 08:42 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2005, 05:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-24boosted
@Aug 29 2005, 12:55 AM

[snapback]150474[/snapback]​

Are you kidding me? HAHA
Is that why all manufacturers are mandated by law to have them on their production vehicles? Is that why cars without cats stink like a mofo when driving behind them? Do you have an education that exceeds jr. high school? You take off a cat from a civic with only 1.5 L it goes from practically 0 emissions on the dynometer to exceeding gross polluter status.

Yes our cars still pollute with cats however the emitted gases are a LOT less damaging. CO, HC, and NO gases are all reduced dramatically as opposed to not having one.

Check out downtown LA or any major metropolis in the world, air is great when you can see it. I'm not even going to continue this debate until you have something that demonstrates intellect.
[snapback]150545[/snapback]​

I only have my BA :werd:

Test pipes on a a fraction of a percentage of the cars on the road is like pissing in the ocean. You want a clean environment, get auto makers to build hydrogen fuel cars. Until then I will run my all my cars without cats. Heck, just get auto makers to get cars to be more efficient and we would be better off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts