Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing today i noticed some guys hittin high 14's wuts up with that? I thought the z was high 13's i wouldnt even have bought it if i knew it was a mid 14 car. My 1998 pontiac gtp with just a pully auto hits 14.2 just mashing the pedal i thought i was upgrading alot wiht the z kinda dissapointed. Maybe those guys just suk to me the z feels alot faster then my low 14 pontiac doesnt comapre really cant understand how they hit those high quater mile times makin us look bad? if this is tru i may have to sell my z lol and go back to the pontiac route 6.0 gto but i really prefer the z i love it jsut dont want a mid 14 car i thought the z was achivable mid 13s stock guess should have researched more. But i mean a stock wrx runs about 14.2 and i raced one stock vs stock off the line about 5 times and beat it liek 4 car lenths easy so how could a z be that slow i raced many wrx modded ones 2 i never lost roll or dig i even took a 5.7litter gto the 04 by a half a car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i mean i take back the part about the z being slow and sellin it lol i just got upset when i saw those times. i guess its a real drivers car cause i know for a fact i beat low 14 second cars easily on the street. I raced a ford lighting the supercharged one those are low 13s he only beat me a half a car and i peeld the hole first gear and was going a little sidewayts in second it was very cold out that day

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
It's totally a drivers' race. With enough practice, someone could get low 13's from the correct mod combination. BTW, I'm speaking in terms of NA, not FI cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Go to canyon, and you will know the difference between the Z and the Pontiac..
If you just want to drag, buy a drag car...mustang.. pontiac..

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
What a stupid thread and was it really worth hidehide joining just to post that??
people should request a new topic in the pw thread before making a new thread lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts