Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the TSB mean that the Dealership should fix the problem under warrenty. If you have those simptoms????????

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
A TSB isn't a warranty. If your car is demonstrating symptons listed in a TSB, the dealer has to fix it, regardless of whether or not you're still covered under warranty

·
Registered
538 Posts
Correct. Technical Service Bulletins are notifications for Nissan service departments designed to update known problems with vehicles. Problems outlined in TSB's are intended to be covered under warranty even if the vehicle is not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've never heard about the out of warranty perspective on TSB's. What I do know is that the dealer is not reqiured to perform the TSB if you cannot demonstrate the problem the TSB mentions. I had this problem with my Z. I was able to right after purchase to get one Nissan dealer to agree to replace my Bose amp. They were "ordering the parts" and would "call me when they came in". That was 2 1/2 years ago and I never received a call.

I took it into a different dealer a few months ago and discussed it with them. They tried but could not get the "volume problem" to occur so they wouldn't replace the amp. It hasn't had the problem in a year or more but I wanted to get it replaced if I could.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I've never heard about the out of warranty perspective on TSB's. What I do know is that the dealer is not reqiured to perform the TSB if you cannot demonstrate the problem the TSB mentions. I had this problem with my Z. I was able to right after purchase to get one Nissan dealer to agree to replace my Bose amp. They were "ordering the parts" and would "call me when they came in". That was 2 1/2 years ago and I never received a call.

I took it into a different dealer a few months ago and discussed it with them. They tried but could not get the "volume problem" to occur so they wouldn't replace the amp. It hasn't had the problem in a year or more but I wanted to get it replaced if I could.

:doh: The parts department never calls back. You have to keep after them to get anything accomplished.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts