Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep in mind that this is my local car club that I'm a member of, and for the most part they like to talk smack. I don't even respond to 90% of the banter, but every now and then I feel the need to interject.

Here's what I had to say on page 2...

http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum/showt...0983#post100983

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You bet! :50cal:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Hey now, in all fairness, Ford sold 22,000 Mustangs they day the 64s were first available. People camped out the night before to be first in line. Funny part is, Ford made 16,000 units to cover the first week, so they were 6,000 Mustangs behind by the close of the first day of sales

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I'm so sick of hearing that 350z's arent as nice as STI's or EVO's. One guy goes so far as to say Turbo'd cars are better than N/A cars, and then he still says the 350z isn't as nice.

Throw a few grand into a 350z to turbo it like the STI's and EVO's already are, and those two soccer mom cars will get spanked like the soccer brats that should be riding in them.

As for SRT's, yeah they're fast, and yeah they're cheap... but I'm guessing they were made cheap too. I bet those things are falling apart in 4 years.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
If I didn't have to sign up for the site, they would be getting an earful.

How many chicks do you know that know the difference in a Neon and an SRT-4 even if they stared at it!

And I only paid $26,000 for my car. My friend paid $10,000 more than that for his EVO.

Plus, some things matter more than street racing idiots in Hondas. A guy in a Ferarri, Porsche, Supra ect. will not glance at a Neon, but if we want to at least we will be given a chance to race.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't bother signing up. Just have fun reading. Looks like a couple of others got on my side and gave the Ford owner some slaps.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I get the same [email protected] from JR....how his chipped jetta will spank my z33...

I just sent him the WSJ article saying how [email protected] the '04 VWs fared in reliability surveys.

& I know I sound like a broken record, but I bought a Z33 because I plan on keeping & loving it for a [email protected] time.

I might've even mentioned I let my pal with the '01 or '02 Cobra drive my Z33 down a twisty road....He said this: "Man I wish these would've been out when I bought my car..." I can't wait till he drives it with the coil-'s & intake...there'll be another driveway with a 'for sale' rustang in it....

think about waking up to a cheezbox in your driveway for the next 10 yrs.....I just couldn't bring myself to do it....no matter how easy the mods are....I'd still have a Ug-lee car.

& smooth, you're right about the neon thing, only the question will be: What WAS a neon, Daddy?..." Remember the Gremlin, anyone? (& I don't mean the movie, kids...)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hey, don't make fun of the Gremlins, they're badass.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by Lo Fi Ched@Nov 24 2004, 01:16 PM
Hey, don't make fun of the Gremlins, they're badass.

i sure hope you mean the movie gremlins

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I first bought my Z32, my buddy with the 93 5.0 got frustrated because he couldn't keep up on cornering. He even had the suspension, wheels, tires, and subframe connectors during that time. His solution was going out and buying a Paxton SC...

One of the guys on that forum used to own a Z32TT, so I let him drive my Z33. He went to bat for me.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
That's the one Jinxxy! Mom had a yellow one....

& Smooth, you're pal with the s/c still had the same suspension/chassis/brakes...crusher [email protected] Whatever it is you supercharge, turbo, or mod...it's still the same car when you're done.

You wouldn't want to ride a hundred miles in a 13 sec. civic.....

Saw all that civic ish...nothing like a buncha dudes don't know what the f___ they're talkin about. Not even playin on the same field.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I just joined my local "car racing" forum...we'll see how that turns out. Too many people around here are stupid. That's why I enjoy the 350 forums so much. I'm the only guy around here that isn't riced...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by Redefined350z@Nov 24 2004, 01:57 PM
I'm the only guy around here that isn't riced...

I'm into classics, & that's what i consider the Z33 to be. Mostly hang with old school muscle & rodders.

I'll give some props to anyone who tries to do right by his ride, but no 'rice' or 'ricers' for me.

BTW -some a my best friends are 'honda guys'.....

·
Registered
722 Posts
One guy said his stock neon SRT-4 would beat our 350Z, but I beat a stock one from a roll 3 times in a row-comfortably. (we never could get a light together)

Oh, and my brand new 05' 350Z base was $25,800!

Yes the SRT-4 may be cheaper, but the Z is at least 5K better looking in my book AND rear wheel drive is worth extra money to me as well.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Z1NONLY@Dec 7 2004, 09:00 PM
One guy said his stock neon SRT-4 would beat our 350Z, but I beat a stock one from a roll 3 times in a row-comfortably. (we never could get a light together)

Oh, and my brand new 05' 350Z base was $25,800!

Yes the SRT-4 may be cheaper, but the Z is at least 5K better looking in my book AND rear wheel drive is worth extra money to me as well.

Right on! Way to represent! :clap:

Did he give you the ricer fly-by after it was all over?

·
Registered
148 Posts
That neon owner on there thought I was serious when I said that the Neon has a fantastic hertiage and chicks dig neons! LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts