Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I had noticed a bit of confusion regarding boost pressure and power output. Namely, how can one turbocharger can produce the same power output as another, but at a much lower boost pressure.

One comment I read stuck in my mind though because I think it summarized the issue very well. It went along the lines of "psi is psi, how can they be different?"

Anyway, a short technical discussion piece has been posted on the APS web site explaining how this happens. It can be found on http://www.aps-350z.com/350z/turbo_flow.htm and hopefully it will be of help not only to APS customers, but also to others who are unsure of the implications of boost pressure and air mass flow - but genuinely want to learn about turbocharging.

Please note that this is an introductory piece in an effort to avoid confusion. If required, there can be more instalments.

I trust you find the information informative.

Peter

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Zxrage@Aug 13 2005, 12:45 AM
That was a great write up!  I always enjoy reading about turbocharging even after I have studied it before in college.  Thanks for the link.
[snapback]144897[/snapback]​

Hope you enjoyed this small tech feature, there will be more in the future my friend. :cheers:

Peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts