Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a projector difference between the base and xenon equipped models?

what would i need 2 convert it 2 OEM xenon?

(1)the projectors?

(2)the bulbs and ballast??

i hope thats all i need

any help is appreciated

i know there's HID kits out there, but i want that OEM look, im sure i can get the OEM parts for cheap(obviously not from the dealer), i just want 2 know what parts i need

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i would say yes

halogen reflectors and xenon reflectors use two very different setups. Halogens tend to have a narrower focus and thus narrower beam of light directly in front of the car. Xenon projectors have a wider beam pattern because the xenon globes emit enough light to fill such a wide space. However from someone who has fitted xenons in a halogen Z light, let me tell you the halogen beam pattern is very wide, as wide as any oem xenons, and thats the main reason the halogens are so poor - a halogen globe just cant emit enough light to fill such a wide beam pattern

the halogen projector with a xenon globe also gives a suprisingly clean sharp cut-off, especially when driving alongside other cars, its dead straight and u get the same rainbox effect at the cut off

what u need is a H7 xenon kit. I bought mine from xenondepot.com, but there are alot of companies doing them now. Itll have the ballasts, ignitors, xenon globes with H7 halogen bases, and all the wiring for an easy plug n play install. I chose xenondepot because i have used them in the past with great results, and their kits, unlike many, take power directly from the battery, most kits use the stock wiring for power which i feel is a disaster waiting to happen, especially considering the ballasts charge the power to 20000volts to ignite the xenon gas inside the globe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts