Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, i hope that this will bring me some good advice from the place i figured would be best :cheers:
heres the deal: my friend and i are starting a project showcar 350z with no limits, we bought a new 2005 lemans sunset 350z touring convertible, we have already purchased many things which i will list but we still need many more ideas. we already planned over $100,000 in modifications, and there is no limit on the cost, so give your wildest ideas if you please. we are not concerned about saving some cash on a cheaper alternative, we want the best quality possible. heres what we have so far::
Veilside Version 3 Body Kit (minus the wing, huge ass thing, will use nismo wing)
Veilside Version 3 Overfender Kit
APS Twin Turbo Kit - If you know better/more powerful kits please suggest but we have read this kit is capable of unbelievable performance with built engines, 800+ while still capable of being daily driven
Complete Engine Rebuild (will be built to the most/best possible) -please suggest what you can
Rear End Rebuilt (axle, ect. everything needed to withstand planned 800+ hp) - please suggest whatever else you can think that needs to be upgrade to withstand the power and KEEP THIS CAR SAFE that is a huge concern.
Autoloc Deluxe Remote Electronic Lambo Door System ---believe to be the best we can get, if you know of better PLEASE suggest, we want the best system we can get, no cheap system, this one is about 5,000$ after install)
Brembo GT 355mm brake kit (front and rear)
Audio: the area behind the seats is being structurally removed/modified to fit 2 JL audio w7s, focal components, ect. this area is being taken care of, no suggestions needed
5-point style 19x10's in the front 20x10's in the rear (have not picked yet but do not need suggestions) powdercoated light graphite color like a pencil tell me that wont look **** nice against the lemans :shiftdrive:
We have many little details in mind as well, but open to ideas

Area's in need of suggestions/help:
Need anything possible suspension related to be upgraded, sway bars ect. suggest everything you can think of try to be specific please
Not sure yet what will be needed after rebuild and twin kit but as far as parts such as intakes, new ECUs, chips, BOV's ect. anything that you can think of please suggest
We are looking for the best computer system we can get, have looked into the autopc and others, we need any help you can suggest, we want the best, something that can tell us everything we would ever want to know about the performance, ect.
Interior- anything you can think of, plan some color highlights/fiberglassing but still open in this area
And ANYTHING else you can think of, dont hesitate, no idea is too crazy :irock:
We want this car as powerful as we can make it but still capable of being a daily driver, it will be a show car but we want functionality as well, we are hoping upwards of 800hp.
We need as much help as you can give, this car is being shipped to a shop in NY that we beileve is the best in the northeast, in a closed carrier as soon as all our parts are in, we want to do this and get everything done ASAP! I look forward to any help you can give! thanks!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Well first, dont get the Nismo spoiler. It's ugly and will destroy the look of the V3 body kit. Go with a V1 or V2 spoiler to keep things veilside.

I would HIGHLY suggest you mold in the overfender kit if this is a show car. I will make it look so much cleaner.

Show Items:
*HKS true dual Titanium exhaust
*Kinetix SSV manifold

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you have that much money to back you on your project...why don't you try to be unique? Why not build a dual charged Z? With a supercharger and a turbo charger or twin....that would be a monster. Most "big money" Z's I see have the RB26DETT engine swap from the Skyline for reliable horsepower. But a 3.5 super build with dual chargers....sounds like a sweet ride.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Originally posted by knils@Sep 3 2005, 11:37 AM
first off, i hope that this will bring me some good advice from the place i figured would be best  :cheers:
heres the deal: my friend and i are starting a project showcar 350z with no limits, we bought a new 2005 lemans sunset 350z touring convertible,  we have already purchased many things which i will list but we still need many more ideas.  we already planned over $100,000 in modifications, and there is no limit on the cost, so give your wildest ideas if you please.  we are not concerned about saving some cash on a cheaper alternative, we want the best quality possible.  heres what we have so far::
Veilside Version 3 Body Kit (minus the wing, huge ass thing, will use nismo wing)
Veilside Version 3 Overfender Kit

Don't buy that ugly POS. Contact Modena Autowerks in Houston for their widebody. Here's some pics of it. http://lightspeedperformance.cc/Chris350zshopcar.htm

APS Twin Turbo Kit - If you know better/more powerful kits please suggest but we have read this kit is capable of unbelievable performance with built engines, 800+ while still capable of being daily driven

Someone lied to you then. No one is at 800+ with the APS kit. I would get the APS Twin Turbocharger Tuner Kit. The Unichip is highly ineffective IMHO for a project car such as this. Get a standalone, MoTeC M600. Nizpro sells a kit for the 350Z. Don't skimp on engine management. Oh, and I suggest getting an AAM fuel system w/Walbro 255lph fuel pump.

Complete Engine Rebuild (will be built to the most/best possible) -please suggest what you can

Pauter rods, Arias pistons - extreme duty, 8.6:1, .040 overbore, Ferrea valvetrain, Tomei 268 cams, Darton MID sleeves, p&p heads, p&p upper and lower intake plenum, intake/head runners, throttle body (polish&bore), ATS triple-plate clutch and flywheel.

Rear End Rebuilt (axle, ect. everything needed to withstand planned 800+ hp) - please suggest whatever else you can think that needs to be upgrade to withstand the power and KEEP THIS CAR SAFE that is a huge concern.

Driveshaft Shop Level 5 rear axles, ATS LSD. 9.5-10.5 wide wheels with 285-305 tires.

Autoloc Deluxe Remote Electronic Lambo Door System ---believe to be the best we can get, if you know of better PLEASE suggest, we want the best system we can get, no cheap system, this one is about 5,000$ after install)

Vertical Doors Inc. Never heard of one problem from them. Can't say the same about Autoloc, Decah, etc.

Brembo GT 355mm brake kit (front and rear)

Go with the only company that does ACTUAL extensive testing on each application. StopTech.

Audio: the area behind the seats is being structurally removed/modified to fit 2 JL audio w7s, focal components, ect.  this area is being taken care of, no suggestions needed
5-point style  19x10's in the front 20x10's in the rear (have not picked yet but do not need suggestions)  powdercoated light graphite color like a pencil  tell me that wont look **** nice against the lemans  :shiftdrive:
We have many little details in mind as well, but open to ideas

Area's in need of suggestions/help:
Need anything possible suspension related to be upgraded, sway bars ect. suggest everything you can think of  try to be specific please

Tein BASIC coilovers (good for multiple-scenario driving), Hotchkis sway bars

Not sure yet what will be needed after rebuild and twin kit but as far as parts such as intakes, new ECUs, chips, BOV's ect. anything that you can think of please suggest
We are looking for the best computer system we can get, have looked into the autopc and others, we need any help you can suggest, we want the best, something that can tell us everything we would ever want to know about the performance, ect.

Image-Engineering. He is a member - chazzg. He makes custom PCs for the 350Z.

Interior- anything you can think of, plan some color highlights/fiberglassing but still open in this area

Cobra Misano seats, suede/leather.

And ANYTHING else you can think of, dont hesitate, no idea is too crazy  :irock:
We want this car as powerful as we can make it but still capable of being a daily driver, it will be a show car but we want functionality as well, we are hoping upwards of 800hp.
We need as much help as you can give, this car is being shipped to a shop in NY that we beileve is the best in the northeast, in a closed carrier as soon as all our parts are in, we want to do this and get everything done ASAP!  I look forward to any help you can give! thanks!
[snapback]152220[/snapback]​

Clearcorners light treatments...:biggrin: headlights, taillights, front sidemarkers, back-up lights, interior lights, etc.

short shifter
odyssey pc680 battery (might need one extra for the audio)...relocate to rear
ssr-engineering true-dual exhaust, 3.0", hks carbon ti mufflers, ti piping
APS 3.5" test pipes

stay away from the current intake manifolds and intake plenums, aps will have their's out soon, just do the p&p to hold you over.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Originally posted by MNPD350Z@Sep 3 2005, 12:25 PM
If you have that much money to back you on your project...why don't you try to be unique?  Why not build a dual charged Z?  With a supercharger and a turbo charger or twin....that would be a monster.  Most "big money" Z's I see have the RB26DETT engine swap from the Skyline for reliable horsepower.  But a 3.5 super build with dual chargers....sounds like a sweet ride.
[snapback]152228[/snapback]​

That would be unique, but extremely tough to tune and to get reliable. Not to mention the only reason it would be worth it on the Z would be to be unique. Proper tuning can get full boost @~3500RPMs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i like the suggestions so far, thanks so much

along with additional suggestions for the project for every aspect, i would love to hear more options about engine swapping, dual-supercharging, other alternative methods to get as much hp as possible, ect. in more detail, and how i could go about doing this, and where, i dont know much about this subject, give me everything you can think of :D ill do my part and try and research some stuff

·
Registered
130 Posts
Originally posted by knils@Sep 3 2005, 12:46 PM
i like the suggestions so far, thanks so much

along with additional suggestions for the project for every aspect, i would love to hear more options about engine swapping, dual-supercharging, other alternative methods to get as much hp as possible, ect. in more detail, and how i could go about doing this, and where,  i dont know much about this subject, give me everything you can think of :D  ill do my part and try and research some stuff
[snapback]152237[/snapback]​

Wouldn't engine swap, you'd lose a bunch of "supporters" if you did that. I know i'd immediately be disinterested. Not dual-supercharging...dual charging. Turbocharger and supercharger. You could use a Stillen S/C (roots-type) and a TT and it would fit. I don't recommend this though.

Oh yeah, you're going to need something like HKS 1000cc fuel injectors.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i dont think you will see 800hp with the aps tt, you will need an engine swap to see those numbers. The most i have seen is 650whp on a greddy tt, built engine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Sep 3 2005, 12:52 PM
i dont think you will see 800hp with the aps tt, you will need an engine swap to see those numbers. The most i have seen is 650whp on a greddy tt, built engine.
[snapback]152239[/snapback]​

APS is at around 730rwhp on their 350Z....VQ35DE engine.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
i would say everything is possible as long as you know what you are doing. there is a l;ot more stuff on the market now than before anda lot more experienced people. I would love to see a car with two twins or two SC...that would definately be great but you need the right people for it.

i would try to get in contact with Sharif @ www.forgedinternals.com he has a good reputation of doiung great jobs on 350z. his is running close to 600 now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Stang281+Sep 3 2005, 01:53 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TOYKILLA
@Sep 3 2005, 12:52 PM
[snapback]152239[/snapback]​

APS is at around 730rwhp on their 350Z....VQ35DE engine.
[snapback]152240[/snapback]​

see i have read the same thing, i plan to make the engine as built as it can be, i dont care about the money i already said the shop in NY is already set to do it, and im confident i can reach numbers like that, it says with enough boost and such its capable of 800... i dont care what it costs... please suggest anything you can

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Twin, state of the art and water cooled Garrett twin ball bearing turbochargers deliver ballistic power with bullet proof turbocharger reliability - and with a custom APS aerodynamic configuration, that ballistic power is delivered in an extreme efficiency and super compact package that is ideally suited to the 350Z vehicle dynamics. In fact, with a built engine, how about 800 hp air flow capacity at just 16 psi of turbocharger boost pressure!"
http://store.yahoo.com/sgpracing-store/ni35g35kit.html
one paragraph of a very detailed article maybe im misunderstanding
another quote:
injectors supplied in the APS Twin Turbo System flow 500 cc at 4.0 Bar (58 psi) differential fuel pressure. Each of these injectors are ideal for sustaining 100 horsepower (flywheel) while maintaining a 12.0:1 air fuel ratio - for a total of an insane 600 horsepower at the flywheel.

just some more food for thought, is anything possible with enough money??

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
We are currently working on an 800 WHP APS powered 350Z in our shop.We did the motor COMPLETELY.Sleved,bored,full Ferra valve train coated,full port and polish job,JWT cams,CP pistons 8.5:1, Corrillo "H" beam rods,ARP fasteners,upgrades waste gate actuators,APS big boy fuel system (900 hp),APs big boy Standalone engine managment,ATS Triple carbon clutch ,flywheel,ATS rear diff,Upgraded AXLES,All turbos and manifolds were Jet Hot coared, 3' Downpipes,Custom 3" exhaust..
We know the Z inside and out,contact us for your install and APS needs,you will not be dissapointed with us..

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Can you give any information on the APS Big Boy Standalone?

Their website is down right now.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Sep 3 2005, 02:31 PM
We are currently working on an 800 WHP APS powered 350Z in our shop.We did the motor COMPLETELY.Sleved,bored,full Ferra valve train coated,full port and polish job,JWT cams,CP pistons 8.5:1, Corrillo "H" beam rods,ARP fasteners,upgrades waste gate actuators,APS big boy fuel system (900 hp),APs big boy Standalone engine managment,ATS Triple carbon clutch ,flywheel,ATS rear diff,Upgraded AXLES,All turbos and manifolds were Jet Hot coared, 3' Downpipes,Custom 3" exhaust..
We know the Z inside and out,contact us for your install and APS needs,you will not be dissapointed with us..
[snapback]152255[/snapback]​

Nothing has been released yet, its only in the works..

·
Registered
598 Posts
i would do some carbon fiber stuff (weight redux). roll cage? some safety related stuff? functional of course. these interior door pieces are neat lookin

. i think jinxxy is with me on this one.
mdzowner

·
Registered
270 Posts
For exterior lighting... clearcorners.com

these lights look great... I seen them @ english town on a Z and they are amazing....

Where in CT are u from...??

Where in NY are u sending the Car?? Unique Autosports?? Stage 3??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts