Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the K&N drop in filter? I used a Blitz filter and it felt like it helped a bit, but also I am not sure about the filter quality.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm currently using the K&N. The miniscule power that I think I feel is probably all in my head. Gas mileage hasn't went up or down so all I can say is that I think I feel a difference but the 5 hp you might get from it you really shouldn't be able to feel. The way I look at it though is that I won't have to clean it for 6 months or ever have to replace it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I haven't used one with my Z, but I have with alot of my other cars. I've always noticed a difference, some cars more than others. In my Saturn I didn't notice much of a diff, from when I went from a K&N drop in to a Short Ram intake. If that helps at all.

·
Registered
182 Posts
hey guys, i just checked my filter....what does a stock one look like?!?! cos my filter is red like the K&N ones???

I bought the car second hand a few weeks ago and never asked the dude i bought it off (he's an elderly guy...and didn't think he would have done any mods??)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Holy old thread batman!
It is probably k&n if it is red. the stock one is white.
hahaha thanks mate...yeah i was USING THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! hahahaha

awesome...so if stock ones white i got a K&N! hahaha no wonder it's so frikkin loud!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
So the K&N Drop in filter changes the exhaust note? Interesting piece of info...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts