Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone can help me with this one..!!! everytime i shift especially at low rpms (2500 - 3500) i hear this clicking noise like if there was a piece of metal wondering inside the transmission. i also hear it when i'm on 2nd or 3rd and my rpms drop to 2000.. does anyone kno wat this could be,?? i took it to a nissan dealer and they said that it's not a factory defect , and when i went to a shop they said it might be the driveshaft.
someone help me please... my brother who is a mechanic said that i might not be the drveshaft cuz it doesnt happen all the time... and when the car was lifted.. we couldnt hear the sound... its got to be on the ground to b able to hear it.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Can you describe the clicking a little better? Is it a single click, repeated, fast, slow.. etc? Also, what year is your car? Are you the first owner? Have you checked your tranny fluid?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you describe the clicking a little better? Is it a single click, repeated, fast, slow.. etc? Also, what year is your car? Are you the first owner? Have you checked your tranny fluid?
i have an 03 ... tranny fluid is fine... the noise is like if u're hitting a metal plate with a nut or when a little rock hits under your car and it clicks once when i shift and like twice when i the rpms drop.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
i'd take it back to that dealer and tell them to fix it before you make them a factory defect.

Your car shouldn't do that.

Off ground/ on ground makes me think clutch related, ie: throw out bearing.

But then again the 03's had horrible gearbox problems.

Get it fixed under warranty. If not that can add up fa$t.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I remember reading a topic on this before and I believe it to be gearbox problems. I have an 03 also and when I first leave my house and drive I have the same noise in mine, a small clicking noise when you shift at about 3,000. But after about 3 minutes and a few more shifts, the noise disappears and my shifts are much smoother. I would still check with the dealer though. If mine decides to get worse or I get frustrated enough I will take my car in as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If it sounds like a CLink clink clink kinda noise.... very metallic it is involves a something loose in the rear end, alot of 350z have been known for that, the dealer should open up the rear end and re-tighten that bolt along with giving you new seals under warranty... happened to me at 10k... don't wait on it ok... get her fixed...

^v^
Sin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hahaha My Z is in the dealership replacing sensors... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this is my 4th time in 11k miles for entirely different things... I swear to god I am an Rx-7 driver trapped in a 350z body because I still love my baby...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I would assume that it is your rear axles that are clicking. You probably notice the noise when you acclerate from a stop or very slow roll. Also when you slow down in rpm as well as your speed, you will hear it again. It isn't constant, it just happens like a few clicks and then a few clicks depending on you accelerating and decelerating. This noise might be confused with thinking it is coming from the center of the car, hence your tranny. If it is your tranny, then you would notice the noise constantly at all intervals of rpm.

I would just take it to a dealership for rear axles clicking and it will be taken care of. There is a TSB out for it and it is covered under warranty. You dealership should know about this.

·
Registered
483 Posts
the dealerships are morons, most of them will either tell you to go lick your own ass or just replace it with another broken one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:irock: :irock: :irock: woohooo my car feels like new .. not only did they replaced my tires, and fixed the clicking noise but it shifts smoother and it feels faster... What they did to get rid of the clicking noise >> lubricate and re-torque rear drive axels.. thats is!!!
Thanks everyone for your help .. otherwise i would've gone to a shop to get it fixed wer i proly would've had to pay.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts