Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! I've only had the car 3 weeks and the driver-side window doesn't auto adjust now. My wife and I got home last night and when I closed the door we heard a loud crack sound. We turned the light on in the garage and realized the window wasn't going down slightly when you opened the door, so when you close it, it hits the top of the window frame. Solution is to roll the window down before you open it and then used the key to roll it up when it's closed...not happy.

Anyone else had this problem? Sounds like there are alot of window problems out there!!!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That's definitely a problem that the dealer has to fix. It could be as simple as a fuse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HookerZ

Check to ensure your interior light switch is functioning as this is the input to the TCU which controls the door window drop function.

If the light does not illuminate when you open the door then there may be a problems with the switch, the fuse would isolate all the window functions not just auto drop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is exactly what it was. The dealer replaced a relay switch because the hose was causing it to malfunction. Funny thing was it happened again 1 week later after they replaced it. Of course when I took it to the dealer it started working again. They said they couldn't fix it if it wasn't malfunctioning at that time. I guess I'll have to wait until it screws up again... :banghead:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts