Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight...i don't know about you guys but my 05 Z's been hitting a stroke of bad luck!!! I'm not going to list them all cause i don't want to write a book but here is the latest one. I'm driving on the freeway this morning going about 60-70 mph all of the sudden it starts to choke....i let my foot off the gas for a sec (thinking to myself WTF) then feed it some gas....starts to choke again??? I pull of to the side turned it off then turned it back on.....fed it some gas...chokes again when the rpm hits 3. I turned it off again then i thought it might be the gas cap being loose (had that problem with the engine light coming on).....so, i unscrewed it then screwed it back on same thing happened. Now the "service engine soon, slip, and tcs off" lights lit up"?!?! I unscrew then screw the gas cap the 2nd time and the slip and tcs off lights went off but the service soon engine light is still on... UUUGGGHHH....i hate that. On my way home it's running O.K...WTF is going on???? :banghead:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
When I first got my Z, I would get check engine lights. Turns out my gas cap was not an OEM one! I bought the car with 7 miles on it! Anything can happen, someone swiped it in the yard probably and replaced it with some other ****.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mine did exactly that, I had an operation and didn't drive the car for about 4 weeks. Got in the first time and then it did exactly what you are describing. I ended up resetting the ECU which sort of fixed it but I could tell it wasn't exactly right.

The reason you can't go past 3K revs is the motor trying to stop itself from getting damaged.

It ended up being a problem with the throttle body from memory. Take it to the dealer and they should be able to sort it out for you.

As always

H

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea...took my car in this morning but they have not called back yet. can't wait to get in my Z and just ride!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got my girl back today :clap:
They said it was the "crank shaft position censor".
Now she's running good :shiftdrive:
Hope the the crank shaft censor doesn't malfunction again.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I find that cookies, muffins and just general attention get most everything I need taken care of. They even put an inspection sticker on my truck. I like my service, parts and sales departments. Everyone is friendly. Sorry you have difficulties.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I find that cookies, muffins and just general attention get most everything I need taken care of. They even put an inspection sticker on my truck. I like my service, parts and sales departments. Everyone is friendly. Sorry you have difficulties.
Yeah, I've never had a problem with Nissan. Except Courtesy Nissan here in Tampa. A few weeks ago I went there to get some accesories. I happened to be driving a rental car (Ford Focus...long story) wearing just jeans and a shirt. They weren't even that busy, but no one even bothered to talk to me! I walked around looking for the Parts Dept. like an idiot and everybody was too busy BS'ing to even ask if I needed help. Next day I came back in my Z and everybody acted like we went to highschool together. Never came back again. I'm sure I'll be back, it's a lot closer than the the other Nissan dealership.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That same thing happened to be twice! had to get it towed in the second time... seems like this problem is pretty common on the 05's
Got my girl back today
They said it was the "crank shaft position censor".
Now she's running good
Hope the the crank shaft censor doesn't malfunction again.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Perhaps I am just an anal, but I expect getting a car that is near perfect at 30K. I got something that is far from perfect for that price. The car is built like a 10K sentra and the people at the dealer behave like I have a 10K sentra. On the other hand, I walked into MBZ with my C class with a couple of issue. They just went ahead and replaced 8 different items without questions, I just had to show them what was wrong. You get what you paid for, well in this case, you don't get what you paid for.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts