Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've been installing some audio equipment into the Bose system. Of course I had to remove the NEG post on the battery several times. Well today when I started the car none of the gauges are working. The tach or speedo are not responding. All of the indocator lights are lit up as well. Now I still don't have the A/C unit (white box) hooked up yet. I was going to put it back but its PIA to remove so I kept it off until I get finished on Friday. Could this just be the problem? :banghead:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I found out from others that the problem lies with the white box. I guess it's a lot more than just controling the A/C unit. I finally got everything put back together and of course the SES light comes on. :headshake:

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Did you try disconnecting the battery for a few hours? Reset the ECU? See if that works, I can dig up a thread in Z Chicks that tells you how to turn off the SES lights using the 'atari' method lol using the brake pedal etc, if you want me to find it let me know....

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's nice of you to offer Terri thank you. I did try the battery but that didn't work.

I did a little research on it and posted the problem again and came up with the same response, simply reset the ECU by way of the "Atari" method :)

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Jan 19 2005, 08:04 AM
Did you try disconnecting the battery for a few hours?  Reset the ECU?  See if that works, I can dig up a thread in Z Chicks that tells you how to turn off the SES lights using the 'atari' method lol  using the brake pedal etc, if you want me to find it let me know....

<span style="color:darkblue">You could also dig it up right here

ECU Reset How To</span>

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by DiRN+Jan 19 2005, 11:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxxycat
@Jan 19 2005, 08:04 AM
Did you try disconnecting the battery for a few hours?  Reset the ECU?  See if that works, I can dig up a thread in Z Chicks that tells you how to turn off the SES lights using the 'atari' method lol  using the brake pedal etc, if you want me to find it let me know....

ECU Reset How To</span>

Cool thanks DiRN, but I guess I won't be needing it anymore. On my way to work tonight I noticed that the light is OFF. :clap: :clap:

The bad thing is I might need to disconnect some things again since I'm not getting power for my XM. :headshake:

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (BlueDragonZ @ Jan 20 2005, 05:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=61750

ECU Reset How To</span>
Cool thanks DiRN, but I guess I won't be needing it anymore. On my way to work tonight I noticed that the light is OFF. :clap: :clap:

The bad thing is I might need to disconnect some things again since I'm not getting power for my XM. :headshake:

i READ TO CASES OF THIS HAPPENING... HOW CAN I FIX MINE... ITS DOING THE SAME EXACT THING!!! PLEASE HELP... I NEED SOME KINDA AN HELP

I FOUND THIS CASE ALSO

"QUOTE(Littlem @ Oct 12 2007, 11:46 PM) *
Has anyone resolved this? I have just developed the same problem. From the service manual, I guess that it may be a problem with the BCM throught the CAN. All the fuses check out OK. Odd thing with the BOSE radio/CD. Seems dead (not even the clock) until I hit the CD eject button. It ejects the CD, the radio panel lights, and it accpets a replacement CD, then dies again.

I finally got this fixed. It took the mechanic at the dealership two hours (@ $140/hour) to open the CAN/IPDM/BCM (and check 20 fuses that are not mentioned in the owner manual), take out the center console and trace the problem from the radio to the fuse box. Pin 6 on the radio wiring harness was not getting power from fuse 6 in the fuse box, in spite of a good fuse and positive light test. The pin in the harness connected to the fuse box was not making contact. How this could have "gone wrong" after five year with no problem is a mystery. He replaced the wiring harness, and everything works like a champ.

Five years with no problem, then this. Luckily, I have a six-year extended warranty. If anyone in the SF Bay area needs a great mechanic, ask for Gary at Stevens Creek Nissan."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts