Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Problem with CD player

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  gianniz 
#1 ·
Lately, I have noticed that the CD player tends to miss 2-4 second sections of my CDs, when I drive the car in the mornings. Basically, I turn the ignition on and start driving with a CD selected, then suddenly, the music stops for a few seconds and then continues. Then it stops again and so on and so forth for a few minutes.

I have tried different cd's in the stacker and the problem is not confined to just a single CD. I have also ejected the affected CDs and checked them for any damage, but they are all clear, without scratches.

All my CDs are bought music CDs and not cheap burnt copies.

I have not had the time to test the CDs on another player, but I''l do that tomorrow, just to make sure I don't have a problem with the CDs themselves.

I've never noticed this problem before. Could the problem be related to the colder temperatures we are having now? It's approx 12C in the mornings in Sydney, but my car is garaged, so its a little warmer than being parked on the street and there is no detectable moisture anywhere.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem, or experienced this same problem?

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
That was my initial thought to Yun, but I cannot understand why it only happens when I first use the CD player in the morning and not all the time???

I'll book it in with the dealer to get it looked at anyway.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Scathing - I'm not that big into music, so I'm not interested in after market stereo equipment. I'd be happy if Nissan just fixes the problem, even if it only costs them $10 to do so.
I'll let everyone know what the solution is once the problem is resolved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.