Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am driving along and it is 99 degrees out and my AC turns itself to HEAT??? I turn it off and back on and its blowing cold again, but a few minutes later it starts blowing hot air again. Same thing, I turn it off and back on and it blows cold, but every so often it starts blowing hot.

And when I say hot, i mean HOT. It is definitely switching to the heater.

What could be causing this?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
this is very common with Z's now adays. AC systems are complicated to work with, so i suggest you take it to the dealer so they can fix it. most of the time they wil replace whatever is deffective.
same thing happened with 007Angel and the dealership fixed it in no time.

good luck

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
well what i would do....pretend as if you dont know about the 30K, if they tell you anything you can always purchase an extension warranty. and i really advise it becuase the Z is a car with several factory problems so its worth it.

does the contract mention your 36k warranty??? how many K's does it say

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
I dont know about COMMON since the only probs I've heard of were Josh's, and then Steve (PerfZ) had a prob but it's the only 2 cases, aside from 007 angel you just mentioned, I'd def. have it checked out Josh...
Re-visiting this thread since I am having the problem again. Only happens when it is 90+ degrees out, and it is not blowing heated air, just the ambient air/humidity. It comes and goes all by itself, turning on and off makes no difference. Did anyone find a fix, or isolate the problem? I'm thinking some kind of lo/hi pressure switch or something but would like to have something to tell the dealer since around here they are famous for "could-not-duplicate, no repair" and it happens only infrequently. I am covered by the extended warranty (hopefully)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts