Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Windows Media Player ver. 9.0. Every time I try to download one of the videos that members post link to on this board, I can't view the video, and I get an error message "The source filter cannot be located." There is a list of explanations of the error messages in the software, but that particlular message is not listed.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that certainly helps. It would help even more if I knew WTF a "codec" is. lol

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
A Codec is a small piece of software (there are also hardware ones, but that's not the issue here) that lets you play (or make) certain types of the video and audio files. DivX is a popular one. MPEG is another. There's a sh!tload of codecs out there. Usually your video player will grab the necessary one when you try to play the file, but sometimes it can't.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
hmm i am not having the problems you are all having, so its hard for me to solve this one. i am using win media player, maybe ill have to reupload all the vids again and see what happens then

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not just the videos here. I have problems viewing most (but not all) internet videos on Win Media Player 9.0.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts