Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is looking for a car and the 350z is at the top of list. What are these going for now? I know they are offering 2% financing on the 04's any other deals going on right now? If it helps the model they have on the lot and we are checking out is a 2dr CPE Touring auto. Sticker is 32,820

Thanks for any advice you can give.

By the way.... great car to drive, really fun through the turns.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I think you can do better than that price. I got my used Touring for $26k. The 05's are out now, so 04's should be selling for a lot less. Is that a used one you're looking at? I suppose an auto is a little more expensive.

BTW, welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is a new one, and actually looking back at the sheet now it is an 05... so no special financing. Just want to know how much these are being discounted? I want to do as much research before I show up on the lot.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Back in November 03, I picked up an 03 Touring, 6,200 miles, for $25,900. Traded in an 02 Wrangler with same miles. Oh, it was snowing that day (in Northwest Arkansas).

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I don't think they're discounting the new ones. The Z is the hottest reseller on the market right now. There's not much haggling going on there. I think you can research several sites like KBB, MSN, and NADA for invoice prices.

·
Registered
191 Posts
bought my '05 for about 500 under sticker, there was little room to move on the price as they had to ship the car up from georgia...but it was worth every cent of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/QUOTE]I don't think they're discounting the new ones. The Z is the hottest reseller on the market right now. There's not much haggling going on there. I think you can research several sites like KBB, MSN, and NADA for invoice prices.

Yea, I just wanted to check, what better place then a 350z forum :thumbsup:

The dealers allways try to tell you that the car you are looking at is the hot thing..... can't discoutn, etc,etc.

Just did not want to go in there and purchase one for sticker, or close to it and then find out I got ripped.

Thanks for your replies. It is really down to this or an rx-8 right now.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I think the general consensus of those who have driven both is to the effect of this. The Z is awesome, the RX-8 is pretty cool too, but it's more of a (if you'll excuse me) a woman's car. A little sluggish on the throttle but has good top end and handles well. The Z is a balls out accelerator, but also handles well. The Z might be a lot of car for someone who is not used to ample amount of power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahaaa... yea well this one is for my wife. I have test drove both of them prior to this and that's pretty much what I thought ( I drive a 2004 mach 1 ) so of course I was drawn more to the 350. Problem is the deals are better on the rx-8 and it has some more room for storage and what not. Decisions decisions....... One thing that surprised me was the insurance is cheaper on the 350z than it is on my Mach, kinda of thought with it being a 2 seater it would be higher.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think insurance is cheaper beceuse less 350Z out on street (Less accident with this car) and more Mustang out on road, higher chance of accident with this car. Which insurance comp. has to pay more for this kind of car than Z.

As for RX-8, my co-worker has it, looks not bad and drive good, but I really don't know how many recalls he's got... It's 2003 (I think) and top of the line version but... Sale of this car is dropping like crazy (In US and Japan), and dealer like to sell as fast as they can.

Nice engine, but I hate to add oil so often so... not for me If you wanna true sports car Go with Z.

:monkey:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered my Z for 750 over invoice. I know where there is a dealer with 3 04's that you can get for about invoice price out the door.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Def go with the Z. The RX-8 is not a user friendly car, It's like a pet it needs much TLC and upkeep, and the rotary engine (regardless that it's an updated design) has a large history of compression loss after 75k or so. Add that in to the fact it has 0 torque (in relation to the Z) and horrible gas mileage and it's a no brainer...Z all the way.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My wife and I share the Z, so it's as much her car as mine. We test drove the Z, RX-8, and S2000. We took a day off in the middle of the week and test drove all 3 within 6 hours. That way we were able to get a good comparison of the 3. My wife was (and still is) intimidated with the Z, but at the end of the day it was her first choice as well. We've had the Z for over a year and she still giggles whenever she stomps on the gas. Her favorite is a slow roll in second gear, then mashing it to the floor.

Of course, we are all going to recommend the 350Z on this site, but it's really a decision of personal preference. My wife likes the Z for the same reasons I do, and dislikes the S2000 and RX-8 for the same reasons as listed in the posts above. After driving the Z for about an hour, driving the RX-8 didn't do it for us. It lacked that "punch".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts