Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, without getting into the whole altitude correction thing, I will post both corrected and uncorrected results. These are prelimary tuning results and by NO MEANS THIS IS THE END OF THE POWER. I am just scratching the surface at this point running 15psi. Also, I need to get my Type RS bov installed. I am reaching the limits of the Type S now!!

Corrected for alt (aka what I would get a sea level)=
510rwhp/492.7ft-lbs

Uncorrected for altitude here at 5500feet
413rwhp/399ft-lbs

I will post dyno graphs on Monday. Now, its time to hunt, (insert horrendously evil laugh) BwwwAahahaha, BwwwAahahaha

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:drool: :OMG: So correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume that you are tuning it for 'corrected.' Can you define that for simpletons like me? Put it in layman terms. :thumbsup: So far, those numbers are **** impressive.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Very nice #'s Ernie! I want to hear some new stories soon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
****, you need to take a trip to somewhere near sea level man.. cause 510 whp is gonna feel a lot different than 400whp

·
Registered
230 Posts
Looking good Ernie! 510 rwhp is very impressive, that has to be a great feeling to finally see all the hard work coming together on the dyno. :yourock:

Question: You say you're looking for RS bov, is that going to effect your numbers in any way?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/quote]

Okay, as far as sea level and high altitude...at higher altitudes the air is thinner. The dyno can compensate for the thinner air or lower pressure, temperature, and a few more things I cant remember right now. Anyway, the dynojet tells you how much power that would be at sea level aka corrected. But, you can turn off the SAE corrections and get the raw hp here at this altitude. Or, the uncorrected #s.

So, I am getting 413rwhp here at this altitude ACTUAL. No one can argue that I am using a "correction factor" to inflate my numbers.

In three weeks, I will be in chicago, which is nowhere near this altitude, and I will report corrected hp levels since Chicago is at a much lower elevation.

Thats why I reported both corrected and uncorrected, to avoid anyone thinking I am just inflating numbers

A great experiment I am going to conduct when I get to chicago, is to do a run and find out how close the correction factor really is! That would be interesting.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/quote]

Well, after talking to Sharif, my bov might not be the cause of a little "pressure transient" I am getting between 4500 and 5100. You see, she pulls like a mofo, I get a pressure transient, go a little rich, she still pulls but not quite as hard and then she pulls again after 5100rpm. Very weird, and we suspected the bov. But, I have one on the way, so once we swap the bovs, hopefully it fixes that. If it doesn't, we just eliminated a variable.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Im pretty sure that its not your blow off valve causing the problem that you are having..cause the Type S should be good for over 15 psi of boost pressure. I mean you are starting to reach the limit of the bov. But i know people that are pushing over 15 psi of boost on the type S.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After a couple of days of driving my Z, it definately need to get the tune tweaked a little more. I seem to have a little bit of hesitation at around 4500RPMS. Not sure if its the bov or what. But worth getting a little more tuning done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts