Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my drivers side window sound slike rocks are in the track when it goes up and down and its very loud. THe Glass is now beginning to scratch and I tried putting the window down all the way and cleaning the felt strips. NO GOOD. the screeching sound is there and the glass continues to scratch... this is EXTREMELY ANNOYING and I dont know the solution. ANyone know how to resolve this? I dont feel like going ot the dealer to pay $800 for them to remove the door panel to "take a look"

Thanks in advance.... :xZ!o: :xZ!o: :xZ!o:

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Wow that sucks, is it still covered by warranty? If so it shouldn't cost a penny provided you haven't messed around in there....I just had my pass side window motor replaced under warranty, the one touch up and drop down feature when you open the door wasn't working....good luck!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cars only a month old with 600 miles on it..... I just dont see why they would cover something such as sand or whatever it is in the window.... I may bring it to them.. I just dont have much free time... :chair:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That kind of problem is covered under warranty. You need to take it to the dealer before it gets worse, whatever it is. Now move it! :lol: :burnout:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like diamond cutting into glass... and sometimes fingernails running down a chalkboard.... :banghead: I'll have to find some time to get there. Anyone else experienced this problem?

:F-you: NISSAN DEALERS :F-you:

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Not the same problem but my Z is almost 2 years old and has 18000 miles on it...and they replaced my motor free...maybe they dropped something down there when they were receiving it or maybe there is some kind of shipping protective material in there, :dunno: But w/ only 600 miles I would def. take it in right away, call them and let them know first so they can be prepared. If you keep a log of things that happen and when it may help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts