Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I figured out why I've been going through bottle after bottle of PS fluid. Some of you may remember me asking what the **** was up with it a while back.

Finally took the car in today to get an official answer, and after a minute in the air, the culprit was the rack and pin. New one on order.

As usual, zero hassle at Westbury Nissan in Hicksville, NY. Those guys are awesome. They basically said my rack was leaking like an Eminem album, and a new one is on order.

Glad I had this fixed before the car's first track day.. would suck if it gave way while on a course. I'd probably have chalked the failure up to the track driving environment.

Will keep all posted.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
At least you have closure. Now you will have a new part to the car that will last longer. And you'll know that it works. Maybe they can check a few other things for you while they have it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Good to hear you got it sorted out. On the track, the failure would not have been catastrophic. If your PS fails, you still have steering, but there is no assist. Chances are it would have thrown your line off and you would go into the grass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts