Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe there is already a thread for this - if there is I didn't find it.

My first question is, is there anyone who has experience drag racing their 5 speed auto tranny, and second, are they powerbraking on the launch?

I know power braking isn't great for the tranny, but is it ok for the weekend drags? Also, what is the rpm to shoot for on a launch when power braking?

Also, I know there is another thread for this, although it seems to have died, does anyone know from experience what the ideal revs to shift at to get the best times for a 350Z /w CAI and Cat-Back Exhaust (mostly stock)?

Thanks for any input!

Christian

·
Registered
106 Posts
i would not risk your tranny like that, plus you are just setting yourself up for wheelspin=slower times, that car should have plenty of tq to get you off the line just fine.. if not, then get some slicks then you can try to heat them up..:) still bad for tranny IMO

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I think if you braked it a little, you would be okay. I agree, however, that 5k rpm powerbraking isn't the best thing for you.

I think that if you practiced with some low rpm powerbraking, you could keep from spinning your wheels at the track and turn out some better times.

Then again, I've never driven a 5AT. You could spin tires like crazy from just stomping on the gas. If that's the case, there's no need to do it to begin with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts