Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, last weekend I got my touring rims back from powdercoating. Just figured I would post some pics up to see what people think. Today I plan on putting in my Nissan Emblem CF inserts to tie in a little more black and the windows will be getting tinted 30% sometime in the next few weeks... Also, next Saturday I have an appointment to get my Stillen Rear Hatch Spoiler on... Should look pretty sweet after that. I got the 70-78 Fairlady Z emblem I plan on putting on the rear center once the stillen is on... Don't know what else after that, but not much. Maybe a front lip? I think I'll like how it looks with just the rims, stillen, tint, etc. so I'm going to start spending more on performance then, as opposed to looks.

Let's hear some comments?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
You know...it would be even cooler if you could get some closeups of the wheels, maybe an angle shot to show off the gloss black.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i was actually going to do this but i just bought some volks instead. i think its a great idea!! lets see some close up pics

·
Registered
62 Posts
looks good! I also considered something like this, but Volks are on the way :biggrin:

·
Registered
71 Posts
:clap: NICE!

Best color for black rims. The next best color would be mine (daytona blue)LOL! Great plan...adding CF to other parts.

Keep posting new pics!

·
Registered
162 Posts
brolooks tight. i kinda wanna do that to my red touring... where did u get it done, how much it cost? u still have the tire pressure sensors on?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are a couple pics I snapped off. Let me know what y'all think... Got the Stillen Agressive Rear Lip Spoiler and the cursive font Fairlady emblem (from a post below) going on Saturday. I'll post some more pics. Also, got CF inserts in the front emblem this past Friday...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Must...get...out...microscope... :rolf2: Where? :dunno:

Are your blinkers and signals blacked out? Looks like it. Now all you need to do is black out your tails to match the wheels and/or theme you're going for.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
For everyone else out there, secret hint: if you don't wash your front wheels for two weeks and still have the OEM brake pads on, then you are still able to achieve the same black powdercoat finish for much less $$$. Haven't washed my car in a while and my front wheels look darker than yours :lol: :headshake: .

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SmoothZ... see sig... tinted sidemarkers/reverse lights...

i tinted the tails for a week and just didnt really like it much.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW, what did you mean about the microscope?! the pics are 800x600? i didnt see the need to steal bandwidth with 1600x1200 pics...

or do you just want closeups? this isnt all the pics I have...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its 50% gloss black... I'll post up some more pics when I'm not putting in my 60 hour weeks auditing away...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry I double posted this... I didn't see I posted it in the Gallery section the first time and thus I thought the post didn't take...

I'll get more pics up when I get a chance w/ Closeups...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It cost me 250$ and I don't have the sensors at all b/c I bought the wheels off ebay...

Had the enthusiast wheels before...

·
Registered
162 Posts
250 really? where did you get it all done... looks nice

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Coating Concepts, Carlisle, PA

1 - 20 of 27 Posts