Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I am curious, like Bill, as to how much those giant calipers weigh. There's also the downside to being forced into a larger wheel (downside if you run lightweight 17's) which adds more unsprung weight.

The photo (on the ebay listing) of the G37 Caliper next to the Brembo one is incredible. That thing is massive, which again brings me back to how much they weigh. The arms that are holding the caliper in the photo aren't straining it doesn't look like...and they don't appear to be the arms of a body builder either. Wonder if those guys would be willing to weigh a set for comparison.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I could mock something up in the computer and have a set of those brackets machined out of 2024 Al for less than $800.

Now...I just need to find a wrecked G37S. lol

Edit: ....and some 18" wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
QUOTE (Sisko99 @ Jun 20 2008, 05:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=538520
I could mock something up in the computer and have a set of those brackets machined out of 2024 Al for less than $800.

Now...I just need to find a wrecked G37S. lol

Edit: ....and some 18" wheels.
In one of my prior lives .. ok .. occupations, I was a machinest. This is where I *sigh* .. and wish I had access to a Bridgeport :)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
QUOTE (eTraxx @ Jun 20 2008, 05:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=538522
In one of my prior lives .. ok .. occupations, I was a machinest. This is where I *sigh* .. and wish I had access to a Bridgeport :)
In my last job...I had access to full blown machine shop. 3 3axis CNC Mills, 2 CNC lathes. Not to mention a full race-grade fab shop.

I don't miss the abuse....but sometimes I miss things like that. Got my camera mount fabbed up for free.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
QUOTE (Sisko99 @ Jun 20 2008, 05:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=538530
In my last job...I had access to full blown machine shop. 3 3axis CNC Mills, 2 CNC lathes. Not to mention a full race-grade fab shop.

I don't miss the abuse....but sometimes I miss things like that. Got my camera mount fabbed up for free.
Yep. Ha. Remind me to tell you sometime about the time I was running a CNC mill .. big sucker .. and the programmer had reversed the drill and reamer depths ... :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts