Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

I was told by Big O that my back OEM tires are "shot". I have 27K on the Z. Since the fronts are new (fixed feathering prob before I bought the car??) and I didn't want to mismatch tires, I stayed with the Potenza's @ $220 each from Tire Rack. Am I the only one that cares that all the tires match, even though the tires suck? The also said my front pads are down to 25% :xZ!o:

BTW, I guess the feathering is not an issue because they said the front tires look fine after about 6K miles. I do hear some noise going down the street but I guess it's normal tire noise. It changes depending on the road I'm on.

03 PPW Performance

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
The fronts are covered, but the backs are not. I just replaced my rears out of pocket. I now have 2 different brands at each end. Not a big deal as I originally thought since a lot of people do that.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
You say potanza, I say potenza....

I've got potatos up front & michelin p/s in the back. I keep the potenzas up front cause I like the noise they make.....I'll change them when they get louder than the Blowse CD.

Bad choice? They should give out earplugs with 'em.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have under 14K on my Z and Just had to replace the rears. The fronts should last until the new rears go though. I went with OEM's but intend to upgrade wheels and tires when that happens.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I forgot to add that I had 21,500 miles on the tires before they were finally replaced. I would have gone longer, but the screw in the tire was the deciding factor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts