Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possible for sale on less than 1700 km's OEM 17" touring rims and tyres.

Full set, unmarked like brand new. Have been in staorage

I say possible cause I am tossing up whether to sell them (for the right price) or just keep in storage.

What are they worth?

This is not an auction, just trying to gauge interest on selling or keeping!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
When I rang around for pricing on my goodyear tyres, there was a tyre shop in Bankstown that offered me a set of 17" Touring wheels and barely used RE040 tyres for $1000. Obviously a Z owner had upgraded to a bigger wheel / tyre combo and the trade in owed the dealer $1000.
I declined the offer as I hate the noisy RE040 tyres and was desperate to get away from these and paid approx $1200 for just tyres.
So, I'd estimate that a fair price would be between $1.2 - $1.5K.
Also, don't confine your sale to just 350Z owners. I have seen the Toring wheels on a 200SX, so there is greater potential there for a sale at the right price. Just advertise on a 200SX forum.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KY.
Like I said, I am indifferent about selling them. If one of the members was in desperate need of them & the price was right then I would consider. Thanks for the 200SX forum advice.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
If the price was right I'd consider buying them.

At the same time, I'm more likely to save up and get a set of Rays... :D

·
Registered
889 Posts
The lowest I have seen was $180 a corner. But when one of the guys on this forum rang to find out it went to $200 per corner. Rim + Tire never used.

I would keep them for resale. Usually when it comes to time to sell a car there is no tread left on the tyres so this way you can put back on the oem's which still have good tread and save the haggler from haggling.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
My OEM tyres are ****** so I'd have to go buy shitty new tyres for it anyway.

I might go buy a set of Nankangs (or some other crud) and whack them on or something. If worst comes to worst, I can use them as drift tyres.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I am keeping them at this stage.
My garage is starting to look like a used parts store:
-oem air box
-set of 4 tyres & rims
-set of stock springs
-front & rear stock sways.

running out of room!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts