·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly is a popcharger??? :helpsmilie:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Basically, it's a short intake that replaces the OEM airbox.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
without the piping though..
:clap: Good catch. True, that polished pipe replaced my stock plastic tubing. I should correct myself and say that the pop charger is actually the open air cone filter which replaces the stock airbox.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
the popcharger is a great bang for buck mod... About 120$ bucks. Easy to do the installation yourself also.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Yeah I am about to get one myself.. The piping is only for looks right, will not gain any HP..
Actually, I did a before and after dyno and got a few HP extra from it. Weird...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm getting a polished one as well, I think it makes the engine look so much nicer. Down below you'll see what the stock one looks like. It still looks good with the popcharger there, but the polished would look so much nicer. BTW I love the way it sounds at WOT :irock:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm getting a polished one as well, I think it makes the engine look so much nicer. Down below you'll see what the stock one looks like. It still looks good with the popcharger there, but the polished would look so much nicer. BTW I love the way it sounds at WOT :irock:
How much does just the piping cost anyways? Know a good site to get em??

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
The piping definitely looks nice, don't count on any gains though.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
If you get the piping, you can sell your intake tube to a G person.....just a thought :wink: They are hot commodities, bc the G intake tube has some kind of baffle in it to make it quieter....restricts some airflow :wink: Mabey Ayman will buy it off you :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts